We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai Trip August 2018

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4 posts
Mumbai Trip August 2018

I'm visiting Mumbai in the month of August 2018, we will reach on Saturday 25 August and will visit Juhu Beach, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Taraporewala Aquarium, on that day after that we will go to MH 09 Sethkari to enjoy Kolhapuri food. On Sunday we will visit Sidhivinayak Temple, Gateway of India, Elephanta Caves and later in evening will go to Mini Punjab in Powai to enjoy Darasingh Thali. If anyone would like to join me and my friend on these two days it will be really awsome. Please any local people kindly join us. Anyone can give suggestion how to visit these places at a minimum cost without facing much hussle.

3 replies to this topic
5 posts
1. Re: Mumbai Trip August 2018

This is going to be very hectic. To cover these areas I suggest you travel by local train to the nearest station and the take a taxi or three wheeler. (Metro work is going on throughout Mumbai. Traveling by Road would take hours) Buy first class ticket (second class will be too crowded - just avoid it). I think there is a day tourist ticket that will be the best option for you. You might see a long queue at ticket counter. But, if you are buying first class ticket you need not stand in that queue. Just go to counter n buy ticket. People in queue will will not object.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
4 posts
2. Re: Mumbai Trip August 2018

Thank you sir for replying. R u from Mumbai. Can u please email me your contact details, Such that I can watsap you and clear my doubts. rohang500@gmail.com

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
172 reviews
3. Re: Mumbai Trip August 2018

During peak hours even the first class compartments in trains are very crowded and you may find it very difficult to board or alight from the train in rush hours. On Saturdays trains are almost as crowded as on weekdays and only on Sundays it will be a bit less crowded at certain times. Buy a day pass or three days pass that is available but not if you are going to use it only for one or two journeys in a day. Better to buy a single or return ticket of second class.

Elephanta may not be possible if the ferry boats are not working till the seas get calmer when the monsoon season ends.

Taraporewala Aquarium is not possible to do with Juhu Beach and SG National Park as it is in South Mumbai. There are other sites in South Mumbai that are worth seeing like Banganga Tank and Walkeshwar Temples which can be done together with the Aquarium, Hanging Gardens, Girgaum Chowpatty Beach (instead of Juhu Beach),

When going to SG National Park do visit the Kanheri Caves which are really worth seeing too. That itself will take up a whole morning if not day.

Enjoy your thali in Powai.

Cheers,

Aadil.

Reply to: Mumbai Trip August 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted