We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai to Nasik

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Mumbai to Nasik

I'm helping my parents plan a trip to India in Feb and was hoping the mumbai experts can help out....

I was wondering how far in Nasik from Mumbai by car? And how far is Shirdi from Mumbai by car? Is it possible to go to Shirdi and back in one day with time to vist the Shirdi Sai Baba temple?

Thank you in advance!

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,546 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai to Nasik

Nasik is about 4 hrs. drive from Mumbai and Shirdi is around 7 hrs. away from Mumbai. A day trip may be hectic. Many people go to Shirdi and then come back to Nasik and stay a night there. There are hotels in Shirdi too, so if they like they could stay there too. If they have the time they could stay at Nasik and next day visit the temples in and around Nasik.

Chennai (Madras...
Level Contributor
223 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai to Nasik

It is surely not possible for elderly people to visit Shridi and return to Mumbai on the same day. They may not withstand such a rigorous road journey.

Best way is to keep Nasik as the base and visit Shridi and other popular places around Shridi/Nasik.

Or one can also stay at Shiridi where some good hotels have come up recently.

All the best.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai to Nasik

Thanks Sandy and welcome. That's exactly what I'll suggest - that should base themselves in Nasik and not try to over do it!

4. Re: Mumbai to Nasik

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 19:18
Our community is here to help!
Ask questions, get advice and more from travellers like you.
Join TripAdvisor