We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we go to Mumbai?

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Should we go to Mumbai?

We are due to fly to Mumbai on Saturday. We are booked into The Regency Fort. Is that near where it's all happening? Original plan was to spend a few days in Mumbai then get the train to Goa. Obviously having second thoughts now. Have been in touch with British Airways - no refunds. We were hoping for a refund and were going to fly directly to Goa. But with BA its you fly or you don't - your choice. They have offered to fly us to anywhere else they go to in India. Have no idea about beaches anywhere else in Goa - any one got any suggestions?

Thanks

Esther & Brian

England
Level Contributor
318 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Should we go to Mumbai?

Have you checked the Foreign Office advice for travellers?

If they recommend not to travel you should have more luck getting a refund or alternative flight from BA or alternatively a refund from travel your insurance company.

Hope you get this sorted out.

Staffordshire
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Should we go to Mumbai?

Hi there,

We go to Southern Goa and stay in cavelossim,at the holiday inn, beaches fantastic, people amazing. A lot quieter than Norther Goa so depends what you are looking for.I'm sure BA would be able to transfer costs so you can fly direct there?? hope this helps.

Thanks

Stacey

Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Should we go to Mumbai?

Thanks for your reply. BA state that as the airport is still open they will not be refunding any tickets no matter what FCO say. They will rebook for flights to elsewhere in India so we have rebooked and are going to Bangalore and hope to pick up flights to Goa from there. BA did have flights on Saturday when we were due to go to Mumbai but only in an upgraded class. They would not book us onto the Saturday flight unless we paid the difference which was mega money. So we are flying out now on Sunday. I am just ranting now but I am sure most people would agree BA are in a win- win situation and us passengers are a pain in the ****.

Esther

London, United...
Level Contributor
8,023 posts
525 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Should we go to Mumbai?

You could go to Kerela, The backwaters are beautiful, at kotchi.. S India is lovely ..

united kingdom
Level Contributor
9 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Should we go to Mumbai?

To be honest, i think it should be alright going to bombay...

things have pretty much returned to normal.

as for risk of a further attack..i guess it would be same wherever you go in india.

Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Should we go to Mumbai?

We should have gone to Mumbai last Saturday when it wasn't alright to go. Although we did change our flights and were going to go Bangalore on Sunday after we thought about it we just cancelled our BA flights altogether. We were only using Mumbai as a stop off for a couple of days before we got the train to Goa. We are going directly to Goa from Manchester on Thursday. Still mad at the thought of BA keeping our money. Feel like I've been mugged!! But thanks anyway for all your replies.

7. Re: Should we go to Mumbai?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 October 2009, 17:18