We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chateu Windsor Hotel

Denmark
Level Contributor
145 posts
189 reviews
Save Topic
Chateu Windsor Hotel

Hi

How long time should I calculate to go from the

Chateau Windsor Hotel in a taxi to take the Mandavi express at Mumbai CST to Goa in the morning?

Should I get off at Thivim station in Goa?

Would I be in trouble handling normal size suitcase

into/out 2class AC compartment

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chateu Windsor Hotel

From Chateau Windsor to CST will be no more than 5 minutes. The distance is less than a mile.

No trouble with a normal size suitcase. Someone else will answer the Thivim question, I expect.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chateu Windsor Hotel

For the Thivim thingy, post the question in the Goa forum. I think it depends on where your hotel is, etc.

There's absolutely no problem in handling suitcases; everyone does it. There are porters in red shirts and metal badges if you wish to have assistance in carrying it. We always engage one, because it's not always possible to wheel the suitcase, often at many stations I have had to climb flights over bridges to get to the next platform and so on. Porterage doesn't cost beyond a couple of hundred rupees.

The Windsor is a nicely located hotel - take a walk along the seaside promenade in the evening and watch the sunset on the Arabian sea!

- Deepa

Denmark
Level Contributor
145 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chateu Windsor Hotel

Thank you.

Midlands Uk
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chateu Windsor Hotel

HI

Chateau Windsor hotel to CST Mumbai takes on 5-10 mins in a taxi.

As to your question re which station to get off in Goa, this depends whether you are staying in the South or the North. We stayed in Candolim and got off in Thivim, which is the closest. Margao station is closest if you are staying in the southern resorts. We returned back to Goa on the train in November and thoroughly enjoyed the entire journey.

Hope this helps and ENJOY

5. Re: Chateu Windsor Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 15:19