We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

smokeing

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
smokeing

hi everyone, im going to thailand end of july start of august for 2 weeks with jet airways, we are flying london heathrow-mumbai-bangkok- koh samui, and ive been told there is NO smokeing allowed in or near mumbai airport!! is this true???

also can someone tell me how long the flight is from london to mumbai?

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: smokeing

Yes ! Mumbai airport and all other public places in Mumbai are officially no smoking zone. It's a punishable offense to smoke in public places.

A direct London-Mumbai flight is 9 hours.

england
Destination Expert
for Corralejo
Level Contributor
1,182 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: smokeing

thanks for the quick responce!! thats ok ill make sure i stock up on chewing gums, this is my first long haul flight so its gonna be a killer,

do you know if this is the same for bangkok airport? we got a 2hour wait at mumbai so its gonna be a fair time to go with out a smoke if you know what i mean?

also is there much to do at mumbai airport? an whats the time diffence in mumbai to the uk? sorry about all the questions!

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: smokeing

If you plan to go out for a smoke at Mumbai, you will require an Indian Visa. A transit visa will be fine. You need to apply at VFS UK. Check the Goa forums for further information.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,312 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: smokeing

There are smoking lounges at Bkk airport, so you can smoke there. But you will not be allowed to take matches or lighters on the plane from Mumbai to Bkk. Ask someone for a light at Bkk, all countries do not have the same security rules.

5. Re: smokeing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 12:38