We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

12hr Layover in Mumbai??

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
12hr Layover in Mumbai??

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice of what to do on a short layover in Mumbai? I land at 9pm and leave the next morning at 8am. After clearing customs etc.. I'll probably be able to hop in a cab around 10pm. Does anyone know of a nice part of town that possibly has a good restaurant and maybe an area to walk/shop around? I know it's kind of late at night but hopefully there's a least a few places that will still be open?? Thanks so much for your help!!

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,607 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 12hr Layover in Mumbai??

That's not late at all......

In fact at that time resaturants and pubs will be buzzing and night clubs/Discs will be getting ready for the action.....

Head to Bandra, the queen of suburbs in Mumbai, plenty of restaurants and fun spots open.............

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 12hr Layover in Mumbai??

If you have luggage with you, it may be a problem getting around. In case you have luggage, you could go to any of the 5 star hotels near the international airport eg. Hyatt, ITC Maratha, Leela, Intercontinental the Lalit or you could go to The Orchid or Sahara Star which are closer to the domestic airport (if your next flight is a domestic one). All these hotels have nice restaurants and coffee shops where you can lounge around.

In case you don't have luggage Bandra (West) would be great!

- Sandy

San Francisco
Level Contributor
137 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 12hr Layover in Mumbai??

Thanks so much for the advice!

4. Re: 12hr Layover in Mumbai??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2011, 06:30