We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No response from YWCA

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
No response from YWCA

Hello I hope you can help me. I email the YWCA in Mumbai regarding a booking for later on this year and they emailed me back a couple of times advising the rooms and cost and asked for Rs 3,100 deposit on a bank transfer. Apparently they don't take VISA and this is the only way to do it. So on 1st March I sent off the money and had to pay extra at the bank for the services. After a few days I emailed YWCA asking if they had the money and they emailed back asking if I could also fax the bank details over and gave me the fax number, which I did. That was last week. I've emailed every day since then, asking if they had received the money and if they can confirm the booking but I've had no response. I went to the bank yesterday, who confirmed that the money left my account on 1st March. I don't know what to do now. I've never sent money by bank transfer before so perhaps it does take time. Does anybody know how long it takes? What would you do now?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
113 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No response from YWCA

It usually takes time to get the money transfer in international transaction if still there is problem you call them here are the contact details. http://www.ywcaic.info/ctclocat.htm

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No response from YWCA

whatever the time taken, they should keep you informed of the status. Try contacting them over phone

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai
Level Contributor
1,130 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No response from YWCA

Sometimes the YWCA does take time to reply so don't worry about it. If you have a receipt of the bank transfer happening from your end then you can take a receipt of that with you to show as proof of the money being transferred and I guess that should suffice. You may call them up to get the latest status if they don't reply soon by email.

Cheers,

Aadil.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No response from YWCA

Thank you, I will give them a ring today because I still haven't heard anything on 23rd March.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No response from YWCA

Just to let you know that in the end I did telephone the YWCA and they confirmed that I had a booking and even sent an email with a reference number on. So you were right, it does take time. Thank you for your advise.

6. Re: No response from YWCA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 22:15