We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IPL tickets in Mumbai

melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
IPL tickets in Mumbai

Hi everyone.

We have booked to stay in the Fort area and now need to purchase some tickets for the cricket. Can someone please tell me if you can buy tickets at the ground or at any shops etc? Iam having trouble buying them online from Australia as I need an Indian address to post them to and also a moblie phone number of 10 digits in order to confirm my details of purchase. When I add international dailing codes, my number exceeds 10 digits.

Looking forward to arring in Mumbai!

Thanks in advance

Scotty

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,543 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

"This year, the tickets will also be available from Suvidhaa, Reliance Fresh, Reebok, Hot Millions, Vodafone M-shopping and Airtel Billing Counters."

The above is from iplticket.com/2011/01/prices-of-ipl-season-4…

The names mentioned above are of stores which have branches all over Mumbai. When you arrive in Mumbai, you can locate a store close to where you are staying and buy your tickets there....

Hope this helps...

- Sandy

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,543 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

Just out of interest, which team are you supporting? lol

melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

When in Mumbai, who else would I support?

Mumbai Indians of course!! lol

Thanks for your info. I have sent of a few emails to some companies mentioned, so I will wait and see if I get a reply.

It will be my first trip to India. My 2 teenage sons will be with me and they are cricket mad so we are very keen to obtain tickets.

We are all looking forward to seeing Mumbai and the cricket!

Thanks again

Scotty

Visakhapatnam
Level Contributor
362 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

If you have your hotel booked, then you could just talk to them and have the tickets delivered there. Or you could get your Hotel to get some for you. You could get some good seats early. I think you must have already tried bookmyshow.com and kyazoonga.com

I will be very much surprised in case any of the above companies mentioned in the earlier post reply with something useful to your mail; Then tell us as it is a very positive development in India.

Edited: 10 April 2011, 03:46
Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,543 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

Good suggestion by vs_hi about asking your hotel if they could help arrange tickets.

And, since you are supporting MI's, you are granted entry into Mumbai, no worries......lol

Hope you have fun and it would be nice if you posted your experiences on your return...

Edited: 10 April 2011, 06:30
melbourne
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

Thanks for your advice

I emailed my hotel and I can use their address as my local address.I have now booked my tickets online, I just hope they make it to the hotel! Some games appear to be selling quite quickly particularly the one against DD, which is one game we would like to go to.

I will write a trip report when we return.

Thanks

Scotty

Bengaluru, India
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

DLF IPL 4 is is started this month from the 8th of April 2011 and cricket lovers can now Book Tickets for IPL online in advance to avail best of fun & entertainment, directly at the match venue.

http://www.ipltickets.net

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,543 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

The IPL tickets don't seem to be selling, eh?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

The best option is to book the tickets off bookmyshow.com

I had booked tickets last week for a match in Mumbai. They were efficient. Delivered the tickets the very next day. You can select the stand you like as well as the seats within the stands. Its a great experience to watch the match at the stadium !!

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: IPL tickets in Mumbai

Forgot to mention...the tickets are selling like hot cakes... try booking any ticket for Wankhede and it will be a task... Even matches as far as May 20 have been sold out to a great extent with limited options now available. I am tempted to see one more match lol...

Get answers to your questions about Mumbai