We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

Jackson, Michigan
Level Contributor
144 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

Hi again everyone.

Last question......I promise. We are torn between The Four Seasons and the Taj Palace for our 4 day trip to Mumbai. We are Four Seasons lovers and are almost never disappointed. That being said, the reviews here on FS are mixed given the location. As for the Taj, the reviews here are also mixed. It seems like a better location but maybe not quite as nice rooms.

Does anyone have a point of view who has seen or stayed in both.

The prices are fairly similar.

Thanks

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,382 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

Why don't you try 2 nights in each place?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

Loaction-wise the Taj Palace is way better than Four Seasons. I wouldn't stay at FS if I were you.

- Sandy

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

Taj Palace for the location.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,382 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

If you go with the Taj, please ensure you are in the heritage wing. The tower wing is underwhelming.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
946 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

Taj for the location, herritage and restaurants - superb Japanese, Chinese and Indian food. As adviced above, opt for the herritage wing. The 4S is in a bad location, close to nothing and overlooking a cremetorium. Having said that, the rooms are very good and the roof top bar is excellent.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

Taj Palace, any day, for the location, the service, the food and the history.

The Four Seasons, Mumbai is a misfit in the chain. Nowhere close to other hotels in the group.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay)
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

The Four Seasons is in a very bad location whereas the Taj is the top hotel in Mumbai. If I had a choice then it has to be the heritage wing of the Taj. Four Seasons has nothing much to offer except the roof top place mentioned above. The Taj is close to almost all the sight seeing spots and many shopping places too.

Cheers,

Aadil.

8. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 15:44
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,064 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

I vote for Taj Palace and towers.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
498 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Four Seasons or Taj Palace?

Having stayed at both the places I would suggest you stay at the Taj. FS is very bland and the only thing I loved about that hotel was the service and rooftop bar called Aer. Taj beats FS hands down when it comes to location, rooms, service etc. We Indians believe that Taj is a benchmark in the hospitability sector in India which is hard to match. And yes do stay in the heritage wing only.

Get answers to your questions about Mumbai (Bombay)