We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions on prepaid Blackberry

Jakarta, Indonesia
Destination Expert
for Malang, Yogyakarta
Level Contributor
3,143 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Questions on prepaid Blackberry

Hi, I'm planning to go to India for 3 weeks. I'll be visiting several cities in different states. I need to use my Blackberry, so I am wondering how easy it is to get a prepaid Blackberry service.

I understand that Airtel provides prepaid Blackberry service, but how easy it is for foreigner to buy the prepaid SIM card and apply for the service? And if I buy it in Mumbai, can I still use it in Delhi or Hyderabad or in any other states?

Thanks in advance :)

Mentioned in this post
Hyderabad
Hyderabad
Hyderabad District, India
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions on prepaid Blackberry

I think the best thing for you to do is to ask this question to Airtel Customer Care. You can get a prepaid SIM card for your phone, and yes roaming service can be enabled. But I think there might be some restrictions on BlackBerry services. Ask Airtel.

www.airtel.in

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,549 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions on prepaid Blackberry

I use my BB with a prepaid card from BPL. Its very good.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
503 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions on prepaid Blackberry

Hi you could buy a Vodafone prepaid sim card. When you activate the BB services make sure its an all inclusive plan. As of now its about 399 INR for a month. Once activated you could roam anywhere in India and use the BB services without incurring any roaming charges. I have been using Vodafone for the past 12 years and BB services for over a year without any hitch. However you need to verify how easy it is to get a prepaid sim.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,553 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions on prepaid Blackberry

Its possible to get a prepaid SIM, you will need two passport sized photos and a photocopy of your passport - Front page, address page, and Indian Visa page.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions on prepaid Blackberry

Don't go for airtel , customer care and BB service is just too bad . It is not meant for bb . They are meant for local usage only, can't handle bb like services

6. Re: Questions on prepaid Blackberry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2013, 10:16