We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

My flight fron Dubai arrives at Mumbai International at 8:20 am and my SpiceJet flight to Goa leaves from the Domestic Terminal at 11:50 am. What is the quickest way to get from the International Terminal to the Domestic Terminal i.e. taxi or bus? Any suggestions?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

Hi....

There are internal shuttle buses between the International and Domestic terminals frequently. You may hop into one and reach the domestic terminal in maybe 20 mins time. After you clear immigration and customs, ask a staff for domestic terminal transfer, they would guide you there and you need to take up the queue for the shuttle. This, I feel is the fastest way to reach the domestic terminal from the international one.

Welcome to India and have a great trip..

Regards

Prasanna

Edited: 25 June 2011, 14:05
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay)
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

Just clear customs and then ask for the gate for the Inter-terminal free shuttle bus which will take you about 20 minutes from the inside of the international terminal to the outside of the domestic terminal. It is the fastest and best way to go in comfort as it is an air-conditioned coach and it does not take much time once you wait in queue. Just have your onward journey ticket ready to show as they may not allow you to board the bus if you don't have the ticket booked already.

Cheers,

Aadil.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
307 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

Thanks guys. How frequent are the buses? My Lonely Planet Guide says every 30 minutes but Rough Guide says every 15 minutes. I hope its the latter, as I'm likely to be in a hurry

thanks

ian

Mumbai
Level Contributor
50 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

The frequency of the buses depend upon the time....In morning it is 15 mins

Edited: 27 June 2011, 12:27
Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

Hi...

Not to worry. You would comfortably be in time. Assuming you take 40 mins to clear the customs and immigration, you would reach the domestic terminal by max 10 A.M.

Regards

Prasanna

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

Instead of starting a new thread, I'd like to hop on this one fora similar question.

I have a flight scheduled to land at the international terminal at 11:45pm and would really like to book the 13:40pm flight to Cochin. Is this enough time to clear customs, collect our baggage, and get to the domestic terminal? Next flight is 5pm and would hate to have to wait at the airport for so long and get into Cochin so late...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
234 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

EDIT: Found a 14:55 flight. Is 3+ hours enough time?

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

Hi...

3+ hrs time is ideal. While, in a normal course you may be able to do this in 2 hrs, plan some buffer, just in case. The frequencies of the shuttle buses are not very high in the nights.

Regards

Prasanna

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

Hi phllly,

The 14.55 flight should be do-able. In case you are really late in coming out of the international airport, dont wait for the shuttle. Take a cab to the domestic airport. It should take about 15 minutes to get to the domestic airport at that time of the night. Also, do keep i mind that you have to report about an hour earlier for your domestic flight.

ATB,

Sandy

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
3,978 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: quick way from international arrivals to domestic departure

Hi....

Am I confused or confusing? 11.45 PM and 01.40 PM are some 13 hrs apart, until and unless it is just a typo of PM instead of Hrs. Check on that.

Regards

Prasanna