We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
33 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

Just cant find a 4-5 star hotel that will accomodate a family of 2 adults and 2 teenage (16,14) children in one large suite/room etc. One teenager is happy to sleep in a sofa bed in the reception room if required. I have tried searching for days on the net and made numerous calls. All hotels want 2 room bookings. Any help?

London,UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

Which area are you looking to stay in?

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
33 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

any area from santacruz airport to south mumbai. Willing to shell out approx 12,000 Rs per night. Has to have swimming pool though. Teenagers dont care about the sights as long as they have a decent swimming pool.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay)
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

I guess it is to their disadvantage if they give you one room for four persons as the teenagers are almost adults if you consider their ages and no hotel wants to lose out on getting two rooms booked instead of one. Normally there is a nominal charge for an extra bed in any room of most hotels but generally they don't have space to place two beds in one room so they don't accommodate four persons in one room. I am sure if they were younger children the hotels would not mind all four sharing one room. It is difficult to get a hotel with a swimming pool that will allow four persons to stay in one room. Generally smaller hotels are more accommodating in this regard but getting a swimming pool in one of them is impossible.

Cheers,

Aadil.

London, United...
Level Contributor
530 posts
493 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

Hi Matt

I went to Agoda and did a search for next week for Mumbai for a hotel room to hold 4 people - got 5 hotels coming up with availability. Then I filtered by swimming pool and got Orchid-An Eco Hotel, Mumbai. it's in Andheri, not far from the airport and is 4.5 stars.

Check Agoda and other sites (Yatra, MakeMyTrip, Cleartrip) and specify no of persons and filter for swimming pool and you may get some options.

Shelley

http://shelleytravel.wordpress.com/

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

The hotels at Juhu beach have family rooms, we stayed at the Marriot and loved it, there's also the Novotel. Before we left people advised us not to stay in that area as it was too far from the city but we didn't find this to be a problem and would definitely stay there again. In the evening it was wonderful to see all the people on the beach.

London,UK
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

Have you tried sun-n-sand in juhu?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
169 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

Not 4-5 star but still the rates are there is http://hoteloutram.com

Mumbai is rather expensive city because accommodation are in very much shortage.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay)
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

Hotel Outram does not have a swimming pool for sure and it is not worth staying there at their prices!!! Take a look at their website and you will know what I mean.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
33 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

Thanks for all the messages. I will try and have a look soon. I have stayed at the Orchid before (the kids were young then so fitted in one room). Thanks again

California
Level Contributor
1,065 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 4-5 star hotel with family room in Mumbai

Hey Mate,

I can understand you must be worried about your stay keeping in mind that kids need to have a good time while in India's megacity.

I had a look at Starwood Hotels http://www.starwoodhotels.com/

It shows availability of an Executive Club room at ITC Grand Central for 3 Adults, starting at £142.00 / Rs10,500 (inc taxes).

Contact them & see if they can accommodate your second child at a extra charge. +91 2224 101010.

- Good Luck :)