We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Canvey Island
Level Contributor
104 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Hi

I wondered if anyone could tell me whether it is possible to sit and have a drink and a cigarette in the airport. We would fly in from London and be waiting five hours for the flight out to Goa. Any assistance much appreciated.

Kind regards.

Ali

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Destination Expert
for Kolkata (Calcutta), Darjeeling, India
Level Contributor
8,446 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Hi,

You should ask this question in the Goa forum for faster response. In fact, there have been several posts similar to yours. As far as I know, you will have to go out of the airport to smoke. Be sure to carry your ticket and passport, else they won't let you back in.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
for Chennai (Madras), Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, Thekkady
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Hi...

You do have a couple of options for a drink in the domestic terminal, mostly restricted to lounges but smoking is not possible. Again, it depends on the time you arrive, assuming it is daytime, as most outlets are closed at night. You may consider stepping out of the airport to the nearest hotel and spend sometime there. But, be informed, when you leave the airport terminal, you need to reenter as a new guest, with all the formalities. The security would also not permit you to go out, once you have checked in.

Regards

Prasanna

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
1,008 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

My information about Mumbai's international airport is at least a year old... don't know if its changed since then...

But my husband did have a drink at a restaurant, which had a smoking room. Can't remember if it was before or after security check... But ask around... it shouldn't be too hard to find.

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Hi...

As far as I know, that smoking room is done away with. I don't think there is an option now. But, the OP is a transit passenger from international to domestic, and would not have access to the departure lounges. So, they might have to use the facilities in the domestic airport, which I am sure do not have official smoking room options. Sometime back, they were permitting to smoke outside the then Master Card lounge on the stairs, but not anymore.

Regards

Prasanna

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

There is bar at the domestic airport at the departure lounge waiting area after all the security is done with you can buy the drink there.As to smoking I am unaware of the restrictions /regulations

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Knew I had seen one in 1C. So verified. Here it is:

csia.in/knowyourairport/smokinglounge.aspx

I do not think I have seen one in 1B. Rarely use 1A

Coimbatore, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Thanks for the info GNM... Mine was dated... So, I think all options are there for the OP... They can have a great time during transit...

mumbai
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Domestic airport has smoking area.its in new terminal area.you cld carry ur drink inside n smoke, though its so smoke filled u neednt even lite up.just have ur drink n inhale.internation airport has celebration bar in deparure tht has a smoking area,bt its after security check.best options is go thru security in domestic n avail the smoking room.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
7 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

At the domestic airport, Is it possible to access terminal 1C from 1B?

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,540 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Smoking in Mumbai Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

Yes it is possible agen t