We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Topic
First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

Hello... i will be visiting India this June 2012 for 10 days and i need help how to maximize my time to visit both golden triangle-route, delhi and mumbai. I will be going to colombo, sri lanka and thinking of exiting from mumbai instead of delhi.

I love to visit the historical places in delhi and nearby tourist-attractions. For mumbai just want to see the metroplitan area and the bollywood star walk of fame they said can i do it for 2 days.

How much will it cost from food (common food), entrances of the tourist area and trains & transportation from different places including mumbai. (please do not include accommodation coz i have now and plane tickets in and out india)

Additional:

In eat, pray love movie where we can do spiritual reflection coz i might stay for another 5 or 10 days more in india. is there a payment or cost involve if i will do this.

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,741 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

Hi,

I think 2 nights are good enough to do things in mumbai.Then fly from mumbai to delhi.

2 nights -Delhi-----Old Delhi-Humayun Tomb, Qutub Minar, Red fort (all Rs 250each), Jama Masjid(free).

New Delhi-President house, parliaments buildings, india Gate, Raj Ghat, lotus temple,Akshardahm mandir.

1 night-Agra--------Taj Mahal(Rs750), Agra fort(Rs250), Ftehpur sikri(Rs260).

2 nights -----Jaipur-Amer fort((Rs50), city palace (RS150),Observatoryrs10,Hawa mahal(RsRs5),Jaigarh fort(Rs20)

Fly to Udaipur 2 nights --city palace(Rs200),Kumbalgarh fort(Rs100),Jagmandir palace.

Fly to Delhi. If time permits fly to Varanasi for spiritualism,devotion,see temples and ghats.

The golden triangle can be done by train to cut down the cost as well it gives more time to do tour in each city.

Thanks

Rashidagraindia

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

Thank you for information its really good.

can you give me advise on how to do the train with your itinerary above and its proper schedule to follow and the cost. cheapest one as long as clean.

I will start in delhi going to mumbai ... btw

hope to hear from you my friend

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
52 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

Try Delhi - Agra - Jaipur - Mumbai by train. try www.irctc.co.in or yatra.com or makemytrip.com However it is nearly impossible to get train tickets now. In June it will be very hot in Del and golden quadrilateral. Avoid it and go to the Himalayas which you will enjoy.

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

You can cover Delhi, Agra and Jaipur in 4-5 nights. From Jaipur you can fly to Mumbai can spend 2-3 days chasing bollywood stars. from Mumbai you can go to Aurangabad to see cave paintings or otherwise to Goa.

deepak

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

how about kerala they said its nice to do boat house there.. its very cool

how long will be if i take train from delhi to mumbai..

btw AjitJoshi.. i've heard that you can get ticket for train the day before... going to-from India places.. what will be your advise....

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
52 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

well it is called Tatkal normally in high season it means reaching very early at ticket window (in mumbai it will be say 4.00 AM for 8.00 AM window; internet practically works very slow or doesnt from 8..00 AM to 10.00 AM hence tatkal booking is out of question. Monsoon may come in Kerala in June making it not a ideal place. Take a pvt cab if you want to ooJaipur Agra.. else book into package group tours from internet which may be cheaper

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

From Delhi to Mumbai is a long journey and most of the long distance trains are full well in advance. In Delhi> Agra> Jaipur there are many intercity trains running between these cities. You can get tickets few days before also. But for Mumbai - delhi flying is better option.

deepak

Agra
Destination Expert
for Agra
Level Contributor
4,741 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

Hi,

The train journey between Delhi-Mumbai is long roughly takes 15-17 hours.

Flying is abetter option.

Thanks

Rashidagraindia

Lucknow
Level Contributor
4 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

- 2 days in Mumbai is enough as major places to cover is Gateway of India and adjoining the historic Taj Mahal Hotel. Elephanta Caves on a steamer from near Gateway of India, Siddhivinayak Temple, Haji Ali Dargah, Hangla's Street Food, Crawford Market, Film City, Worli Sealink, etc.

- 2 days in Delhi with a visit to India Gate, Red Fort, Jama Masjid (thereafter food nearby ), Lotus Temple, Akshardham Temple, Delhi Metro, Connaught Place, Dumpkt & Orient Express Restaurants at 5 Star Hotels.

- Jaipur & Udaipur in Rajasthan alongwith Agra the city of Taj Mahal & Fort.

- If you like wildlife then Corbett National Park.

- Indian hillstations especially Dharmshala, Mt.Abu, etc is worth a try.

India is a subcontinent which requires at least 10 days to enjoy its beauty and mystic. If choices and budget can be defined more, then it will be much easier to design a perfect travel itinerary in India.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Level Contributor
218 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Visit India and need good itenirary

Thank you guys.. you are truly help me in deciding my itinerary... right now... my mind is clear what are need to prioritize...

btw.. flying from delhi to mumbai what is the cheaper airlines.. i know that Air India right now is on strikes..... please give me guidance..what's the best airlines if i take air from delhi to mumbai...

btw.. the train from delhi to mumbai.. they do stops from one area to another... can we go down from the train... something like that.. just to see the scenery... what scenery.. does it offer when i go for train...

thanks..