We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

*Mumbai - Bhimashankar*

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
78 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
*Mumbai - Bhimashankar*

What is the convinient way to travel from Mumbai to Bhimashankar ?

also would it be possible to visit Bhimashankar jyotirling and return back in a day ??

Thanks much, and looking forward to know more :)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,923 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: *Mumbai - Bhimashankar*

Hi highflier_26,

Best way for Mumbaikars is to take a route

Thane - Kalyan - Murbad - Malshej Ghat - Junnar - Ghod - Salgaon - Bhimashankar.

It will be extremely hectic if you try to do it in a day, like starting at 6.00 a.m. in the morning and reaching Bhimashankar by Lunch time or past lunch time. Darshan etc. 2 hours and again starting at 4 or 5 in the evening and returning in Mumbai around midnight. You need at least 2 or 3 people to drive a car in turn.

If you are young, energetic and tough, you can think of hiking Bhimashankar hills by getting down at Karjat or Neral railway stations (on Central Railway). The trek is on village roads and hilly area and goes through wild forest and of course, quite arduous.

The adivasis from Bhimashankar hills and forests have built a small ladder made of natural live creepers to climb up and down say some 300 to 500 feet. This is like climbing 30 to 40 storied building on a steep ladder. This is a centuries old practice to corss the hurdles like climbing in 80 degree slope. Those who do regular trekking know these routes. I wanted to join a trekking group, but when I heard the description I dropped out as not my cup of tea (it was 30 years before)

Sanjiv

vashi, mumbai
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: *Mumbai - Bhimashankar*

This is best way from CST to Bhimashankar. CST - Thane - Kalyan - Murbad - Malshej Ghat - Junnar - Ghod - Salgaon - Bhimashankar. One another better way from Mumbai to Bhimashankar is Mumbai- Nerul - Panvel - Rasayani - Khalapur - lonavala - vadgown - Moee - Khed-Bhimashankar. Those distance betwwen mumbai to Bhimashankar is around 225 KM.

Bhimashankar is best place. It is one of the well known Jyotirlinga, among the twelve Jyotirlingas situated all over India. Bhimashankar is the source of the river Bhima, which is know as Chandrabhaga in Pandharpur.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
78 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: *Mumbai - Bhimashankar*

thanks all ...

this would be certainly helpful when i plan to go to Bhimashankar ...

4. Re: *Mumbai - Bhimashankar*

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2013, 10:17