We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai hotel

uk
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Mumbai hotel

I'm staying in Mumbai for two nights in December. Our flight arrives at 11.30pm so we are looking for a hotel which is accessible for the airport, but also a good base to sight see on the two days we are there. I'm not sure which area/hotel to stay..can anyone recommend please??

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai hotel

Depends what you want to visit. There are vast slums areas around the airport so the budget hotels are cheap. Mumbai is pretty spread out and with the mental traffic can take a while to get anywhere.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai hotel

It makes sense to head to the Colaba / Churchgate / Fort / Marine Drive area, since the main sightseeing is in South Mumbai and then to leave for the airport well in time when departing. If you stay near the airport, traffic on the main route south will start picking up by around 8am and will get progressively worse for a couple of hours more.

Mysuru (Mysore...
Destination Expert
for Mysuru (Mysore)
Level Contributor
1,942 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai hotel

One option would be to use a hotel at Juhu which offers a 24 hour check in/out schedule.Many offer a free transport service to the city at least once a day.

The better less expensive hotels are around the Colaba/Churchgate area which is at the Southern tip

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,536 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai hotel

I agree with GatherinNoMoss's reply.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mumbai hotel

What time is your return flight?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mumbai hotel

It makes no sense to stay near the airport at all because all the tourist spots are on the other end of the city. If you were visiting London for two days, would you stay near Heathrow? And, Mumbai doesn't even have the metro like London.

uk
Level Contributor
7 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mumbai hotel

Thanks for the advise. We have booked a hotel in Colaba. And FYI..I wasn't suggesting staying at the airport..that's why I was asking advice!!!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
1,135 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mumbai hotel

Sorry, I misread your post and thought your trip would become one big commute. Happy to note I was misled. Colaba is perfect. Enjoy your short stay here.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
113 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mumbai hotel

there are several hotels next to the airport that will suit your budget. However if you want to do city sightseeing then it is better that you stay in South mumbai in areas such as Colaba and Churchgate

10. Re: Mumbai hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 23:19