We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

Hi

I am planning to visit India in January next year. According to my plan our group will have to wait for airplane transition at Mumbai airport from 16.50 pm till 1.05 am with is large gap of time (around 7-8 hr). Therefore we decided to have a sightseeing in Mumbai. I would like everyone to arrange me a schedule of places in the list below :

Pick up from Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

1) Gateway of India

2) Dhobi Ghat- Open Air Laundry

3) Victoria Terminus Train Station

4) Marine Drive & the Chowpatty Beach

5) Mumbai University

6) Rajabai Clock Tower

7) Jain Temple / Krishna Temple

Drop Off at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport

My group is consist of Adults 8 + 1 Child + 1 Infant (10 people)

Time limited for sightseeing. I want to be at the airport 22.00 pm, so I would like to know about the budget, I prefer 9 seater Tempo Traveller.

Nevertheless, I want to know if it possible to visit all the place in the list in 4-5 hr.

Thank you

SerT

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

Hello Seristy

You will be arriving in the evening by the time you leave airport after customs/ baggage clearance it will be around 18 :00 pm. The drive time to this site would be around 1.45 minutes as pick time rush hour maybe little less if you use the Sea-link.All sights can be covered within next 2 hrs.as most are drive pass except 1 & 3 would be photo halt some 30 mins and 2&7 may take some 30 minutes visting the places from the list and a hour or hour and 15 minutes to reach back at airport.So a little over 5 hrs. you can make to the listed sites.Unless it is bad traffic snarls around coming festive seasons or some mishap on the road.If it should be Sunday or Bank Holiday the traiffic would be bit easy & can make it in less than 4 hrs even try use sea -link both ways to save on time (but will have to pay toll both ways).

Edited: 22 October 2012, 10:39
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
113 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

all these places can be covered in 5 hours

Pune
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Pune, Mahabaleshwar, Aurangabad
Level Contributor
809 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

If you are landing 16:50 and depart time 1:05 am, then you are left with very short time. By the time you come out it takes anywhere between 60-90 mins and you need atleast 90 mins for international flight for all check in rituals. This leaves barely 4-5 hours. All the places you mentioned are in South Mumbai. That means on return you will hit the traffic. So on return count 2 hours and while going anywhere between 1 to 1.5 hours. That means you have only 2 hours for sightseeing. For 10 people you may have to book a mini-bus or something.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

Thank you everyone. Now I 've changed my plan like this :

Leave airport after customs/ baggage clearance about 18 :00 pm. Drive to Shree Siddhivinavak by using the Sea-link both ways > JUHU Beach for sighting and having Dinner at Manesh Lunch Home. > Return to CSIA before 10:30 PM.

If it possible? for 4-5 hrs.

Thank you

SerT

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

Hello SeristY

This can easily be made in the 4/5 hrs available in between the flights.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

Hi SeristY,

For going to Siddhivinayak temple, it doesn't make a lot of sense to go via the sea link. I suggest you use the sealink only while coming back.

The excursion to Siddhivinayak should take you about 2-1/2 hours, after which you can have dinner at Mahesh lunch home. I don't think you will have time to stroll on Juhu beach though because to be at the airport at 22.30 hrs, you will need to leave Mahesh Lunch home by 21.30 hrs

And since this is cutting it all too close, You could if you so liked, dine at Gajalee in Vile Pare east instead. This will save you time. Gajalee is equally famous for its seafood.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
8 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

Thank you for your helping. I think I will go to Gajalee in Vile Parle east for my dinner ^_^.

Short Hills, New...
Level Contributor
60 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

Chill out in a restaurant, enjoy some great food.

9. Re: Have 4-5 hrs. in MUMBAI. Please help me to check the plan.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2013, 10:15