We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping spree on a public holiday

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Shopping spree on a public holiday

Hey everyone

I will be in Mumbai again from the 25th Jan to 1st Feb 2013, for bridal shopping. I have just found out that it will be a public holiday on the 25th Jan for Prophet Muhamad's bday and 26th for Republic day. Desperately need help to know if boutiques will be open for business as usual on these days, based on past trend.

Also, I had previously stayed in Midland Hotel, and was looking for hotels around the same area again. I noticed that there is a Hotel called Sai Palace which seems to look like its next to Midland hotel, but am not sure if the online description is accurate. Appreciate some help in this area too.

Lastly, I would also appreciate more suggestions of places to shop for wedding outfits. Based on past experience I note that there are some really nice choices in Santa Cruz West area. Are the choices in boutiques like Benzer much better and how does the price range differ?

Thanks in advance for sharing :)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
13 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping spree on a public holiday

just let me know wht u want to buy exactly....!!!

Vienna
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping spree on a public holiday

While Midland is opp. Andheri Rly. Station in the West Sai Palace is nr. Chakala in Andheri-E. As for holidays don't worry as most Malls, Markets are open and you know the areas. If not ask.

Edited: 19 November 2012, 15:07
Vienna
Level Contributor
225 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping spree on a public holiday

Boutiques like Benzer are for millionaires and you will not get value for money. Try Santacruz-W for choices with in your budget.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,519 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping spree on a public holiday

Boutiques will be open on 25th, no worries but will be closed on 26th. Some may open towards late afternoon though.

Sai Palace hotel is in Andheri (E) and Midland is in Santacruz (E). The two are atleast 20 minutes driving distance away from each other. Sai Palace isnt very well located. Avoid it. You should look for hotels in Santacruz or Khar Or Vile Parle.

Santacruz (W) is a great area to shop in, as is Vile Parle -east and west and so is Irla.

Please do go through previous forum posts where this has been discussed before as well.

Happy Shopping!

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping spree on a public holiday

Hi Sandy

Thank you for your feedback, really appreciate it. I just checked on Sai Palace Hotel website, which states that they have a new hotel in Santa Cruz East, called Sai Palace Inn (the Hotel in Andheri is called Sai Palace). The address for Sai Palace Inn (as listed on agoda.com) is Station Road, Santacruz (East), Santa Cruz Domestic Airport, Mumbai, India 400055. Could you please provide some input if this is anywhere near the Santa Cruz West train station (i.e walking distance from the shopping areas in Santa Cruz West, just like Midland Hotel), as Google map doesnt show very clearly. Thank you once again

6. Re: Shopping spree on a public holiday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 15:19