We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visitor entry to Terminal 2 for International Flight

Pune, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Visitor entry to Terminal 2 for International Flight

I have an international flight to catch to London and my fiancee is accompanying me to drop me off. She has a further Air India flight to Indore from Terminal 1A.

My question is that, are the both terminals in the same building? Can she enter with me at Terminal 2 using her domestic flight ticket and then walk to her terminal for her flight? My flight departs at 2:35am and her's departs at 6am.

Any help will be much appreciated and the experience shall be duly posted here for future reference. Thanks a tonne.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visitor entry to Terminal 2 for International Flight

Yes, the terminals would be interconnected and I think there would have been no problem in her entering at Terminal 2 if your flights were departing closer to each other. The problem is that you will be checking in around 11.30 pm (3 hours prior), and her flight check-in would start not before 4.00 am, so I'm not sure whether she will be allowed inside the airport so early prior to her flight. Lets hope someone else in the know drops in here to clear this.

Pune, India
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visitor entry to Terminal 2 for International Flight

Thanks a lot. Much appreciated.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visitor entry to Terminal 2 for International Flight

It is very unlikely that security will allow her access to the building, the normal guidelines are 4 hours international flights, 3 hours domestic, as its overnight the police are unlikely to allow her access to Terminal 1 and you can only enter terminal 2 with an international ticket.

I know both are linked, but the police do enforce the rules regarding terminal entry rules.

4. Re: Visitor entry to Terminal 2 for International Flight

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 01:17