We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mandovi express

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
8 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Mandovi express

I am reaching Madgaon station by Mandovi express at around 7 pm. I have booked my hotel in calangute. Since I am travelling with my young daughter and aged parents my question is that whether enough buses and taxis are available during the evening near the station?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,525 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mandovi express

Please post this on the Goa forum.

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
431 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mandovi express

Since you are travelling with parents and young kid, forget about buses. Taxis are available in Madgaon station and it will take you about an hour and half to reach Calangute (+ - 15 mins depending on where exactly you are staying).

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
38 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mandovi express

There are pre-paid cabs available from the station itself.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,002 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mandovi express

Why not get off the train at Thivim which will have a two fold benefit in that it will save you about an hour on the train journey and will be closer to Calangute? No problem getting taxis there either and the taxi fare will be cheaper too as it is closer (bonus third benefit).

Edited: 24 February 2013, 09:08
5. Re: Mandovi express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 06:17