We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How connecting flight works for jet airways?

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vadodara, India
3 posts
Save Topic
How connecting flight works for jet airways?

How the connecting flights work?

I have booked the tickets for the connecting flight in jet airways from Baroda which arrives at Domestic terminal 1B at Mumbai and the connecting international flight for London departs from International terminal 4 of Mumbai. how to reach the domestic terminal to international terminal? and how the check in process work? I have 3 hours waiting time between these two connecting flights. Do I need to collect my baggage from the domestic airport and again check in for the international?

73 replies to this topic
rochester
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

Hi not booked my flight with jet yet wondered if any could help have two options flying out of Udaipur to London. Early morning connection in Delhi or flying later connection in Mumbai. the latter option gives me a bit more time in Udaipur as the flight leaves at 20.55. Just wondering which airport is the easiest. Not sure if this is correct but is it true you're not allowed to take hand luggage on the shuttle bus in Mumbai as I have a lot of expensive camera equipment in my hand luggage & don't like to let it out of my sight if so I could get a cab from terminal 1b to Mumbai international would this be to much hassle.

Many thnx

rochester
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

Hi not booked my flight with jet yet wondered if any could help have two options flying out of Udaipur to London. Early morning connection in Delhi or flying later connection in Mumbai. the latter option gives me a bit more time in Udaipur as the flight leaves at 20.55. Just wondering which airport is the easiest. Not sure if this is correct but is it true you're not allowed to take hand luggage on the shuttle bus in Mumbai as I have a lot of expensive camera equipment in my hand luggage & don't like to let it out of my sight if so I could get a cab from terminal 1b to Mumbai international would this be to much hassle.

Many thnx

Edited: 27 September 2013, 07:22
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

You have to take your hand baggage and main baggage with you at Bombay. I think it may be best to speak to Jet about your flight permutations - too specific for here. Happy holidays.

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

Hi,

Can someone help confirm where exactly is the inter-terminal bus / Jet Airways transfer desk if I am travelling from Mumbai International Terminal 2 to Mumbai Domestic Terminal?

Do I still have to pass customs and give the customs declaration chit to the man standing by the door just before leaving the airport and then look for a transfer booth / counter? or after I have x rayed by luggage I turn left or right?

and vice vera i.e. If I am flying into Mumbai Domestic Terminal to International Terminal ?

thanks

D.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,673 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

Hi there,

1] When coming from INT: pick your luggage, clear customs, and then the transfer shuttle door is BEFORE the real exit. If your luggage is labeled through to your final domestic destination you can hand it over here to airline staff, they'll bring to the next flight. If not labeled through, carry it yourself.

2] When coming from Domestic: no need to pick luggage if it's labeled through to abroad, it won't appear on the belt at all. Door to transfer shuttle at same zone as INT, next to the luggage carousel (as there is no customs in this terminal) before you walk outside.

All the best,

<Erik>

Dubai, United Arab...
6 posts
Save Reply
16. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

I am travelling from dubai to new delhi and from new delhi to srinagar through a jet airways connected flight. There is 6 hrs. gap between both of my flights . Will my luggage will b check in from dubai for my full journey .... or whether I will get my luggage at delhi airport and have to again check in for my next flight . Also I want to know whether I can go out of Delhi AIrport and come back again as there is 6 hrs gap between two of my flights .

Cairo
Level Contributor
85 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

Transportation between Domestic Terminal and International Airport is so easy, free airport shuttle bus is available.

London, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
18. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

Dear sirs

if I am flying London-Mumbai-Vadodra by JET AIRWAYS , then my customs will be in Mumbai as that is the first post I arrive at.

On my return flight Vadodra-Mumbai-London, why cannot I have customs clearence at Vadodra as I am told i have to que again at Mumbai airport?

Help

Chad

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,673 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

Hi Chad.

Well you get CUSTOMS clearance at Vadodra, your luggage you won't see again until London. But Emigration/Immigration is a different matter. The flight Vadodra-Mumbai is a domestic flight with many passengers staying inside India (and most likely Vadodra does not even have Emigration/Immigration, like many smaller Indian airports it's domestic-only). So if you can design a cheap and efficient _and_ abuse-safe system in which upon arrival in Mumbai Domestic terminal the international passengers would be immediately in the International terminal cleared zone whilst the domestic passengers would not? Sounds quite impossible to me...

Tnx,

<Erik>

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
3,979 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: How connecting flight works for jet airways?

Chad P, immigration and customs are cleared at the first point of entry into India (and USA, now I come to think about it). After that, you are free to take a domestic flight anywhere you like. It matters not that you have a connecting flight. On departure from India, provided you have a through single ticket, you are able to check your bags through to final destination. For obvious reasons, customs officers do not usually need to check the baggage of departing passengers: this is true in many countries. You clear immigration before admission to the airside area of the international departure terminal and it is at that point you are considered to have left the jurisdiction.

Reply to: How connecting flight works for jet airways?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted