We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Spa's and restaurants

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
78 reviews
Save Topic
Spa's and restaurants

Hi, visiting Mumbai for 4 days in February 2014 with my wife for a very special short holiday, can anyone recommend some really nice restaurants to eat (don't mind what cuisine) and good quality Spa's for beauty treatments?...We are staying at the Oberoi Mumbai. Thanks!

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Spa's and restaurants

Hello andyblueflame,

As you would be staying at Oberoi Mumbai, have good option to try the in house restaurant at the Oberoi,The Trident and at The Taj Mahal Hotel & Palace as are close by and all have many different cuisine restaurants.

Besides this you can also visit the Marine Plaza ,The Ambassador & The Intercontinental again closeby to The Oberoi they also have many in house restaurants. The Ambassador has a rooftop revolving restaurant The Pearl of the Orient which gives 360 degree view of the city while dining.The Intercontinental houses a open to sky The Dome bar from here you can have a splendid view of the sky ,the sun, the sea & the surf.

There are even many standalone restaurant in Colaba/ Fort area(nearer to The Oberoi) :

The Indigo, The Table, Le Pain Quotidien,Khyber, Copper Chimney, Trishna ( Seafood) few out many around.

If you happen to be at Lower Parel area at The Palladium there are many options of many multi-cuisine restaurants as this is a luxury & entertainment shopping complex with more than a dozen restaurants to try.Also there is Shangrila & Four Seasons Hotels close to the mall and they also have in house restaurants.

So have many a choice for the special short stay.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,943 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Spa's and restaurants

Hello andyblueflame,

And to your second question Spas

It can be JIva,The Palms,Aura Thai (all in Colaba) ,Four Season's(Worli),Tahaa ( Napeansea Road & Rudra Spa & Salon(Kemp's corner).

and if you around Juhu area Quan Spa (JW Marriott Hotel), Myrah & Antara Spa.

Edited: 17 May 2013, 04:43
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
67 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Spa's and restaurants

Oberoi is a great hotel to stay in.

Both Oberoi and Trident(next door) have good restaurant options.They have their in house spa too.

Presuming you would want to try Indian cuisine , my recommendations would be Ziya(Oberoi) , Khyber(at Kala Ghoda,a short cab ride from Oberoi),Masala Craft(Taj Mahal Palace Hotel) , Mahesh Lunch Home(Indian seafood,Fort) . Indigo (Continental) is a good recommendation too.

Do try out Leopold cafe at Colaba.Its iconic.

In terms of quality the spas in 5 star hotels are certainly very good.But would be pricier than stand alone spas.Moreover the good ones are in the suburbs and would entail longish travel through traffic.Avoidable.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
588 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Spa's and restaurants

While Khyber has been on the tourist list for a long time my personal experience off late hasnt been as good. There are better Indian Food restaurants in the area - Masala Craft is a better choice in that regard.

As for the Spas - you are better off sticking to the South Mumbai / Colaba areas - no fun in getting a treatment and then tormenting oneself in city travel :)

India
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Spa's and restaurants

Nothing is quite as regal and nostalgic as a lazy mid-afternoon or even a high tea at the Sea Lounge http://goo.gl/dcrkt. This place is steeped in history, offers an exquisite view over the Gateway of India & indeed has the most delectable finger-food, petit fours,etc.

Get a table by the panoramic window. Do ask for the mushroom vol-en-vents (they don't feature on the menu anymore - but they indulge their old patrons). Enjoy the piano music. Watch out for that tempting dessert cart as it makes the rounds. And to capture your moment - a photographer is always making the rounds ready to capture your memory!

I have experienced and enjoyed the exclusive and sophisticated experiences the Taj in-house restaurants unfolds for their pampered guests. Highly recommended. Take a pick: http://goo.gl/Q8Hcn

Should you be visiting around Diwali (like a Hindu Christmas! ) - look for their surprise knick-knacks. ASk for their exclusive gift hampers and don't forget their inhouse signature wines!

Spa: Jiva - any Taj property which houses their signature spa line "Jiva" just reserve yourself for the pampering. Private, quite, fragrant environment. Treatment rooms placed at a distance, soft rustling sounds and barely any conversations or imposed music. Truly an oasis in an otherwise noisy and chaotic city. Must try experience. Go in for their light cleansing massage for activating the lymphatic system. It is a 2 hour pampering.When in Chennai I had tried their couple Massage - but I don't know if the Mumbai hotel's 6 treatment rooms houses this special. They do have a gym & beauty salon as part of the spa.

The Oberoi Patisserie & Delicatessen on the other hand had always been a must-stop-at when shopping at the hotel's shopping arcade. Find the best cold cuts, exotic combinations of ingredients and a surprisingly well stocked choice of international wines. Rather lavish for a shopping arcade kinda eating place wouldn't you say!

I could go on ranting about the endless possibilities and their unique experiences. But there are some wonderful collection of reviews here on TA. Local Indian review sites like Burrp & Zomato also come with their android apps - but feedback from mostly the locals.

I miss Mumbai - I studied and lived there for over a decade. (I was there this January

). The city offers the best that money can buy. Just the traffic snarls are nasty even if you confine yourself in South Mumbai. Get a copy of the local magazine to check the goings on for the week/day. They are divided by locations, selection will be a breeze. whatever your heart desires, Mumbai won't disappoint. Live music (classical Indian) while you dine or eating out of silver plates & bowls, or a ride in a horse carriage after dinner.or private soirees on the terrace top by the bay or dinner with a theatrical performance or a revolving restaurant or even esoteric food festivals - all's available for the asking! You will be so spoilt for choices.

Incidentally it is the "Mango Season" now in hot summery India. Be prepared to find this delicious fruit in all forms in your limited-time menu offering.

Bon Voyage!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
80 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Spa's and restaurants

Also try the Spas at ITC Grand Maratha Sheraton !

One of my fav places :)

India
Level Contributor
63 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Spa's and restaurants

Maratha is at parel?

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
67 posts
129 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Spa's and restaurants

Hi.ITC Maratha is at Sahar Andheri(E). ITC Grand Central is at Parel.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Spa's and restaurants

No visit to Mumbai these days is complete without a visit to Blue Frog.

Two rooftop experiences not to miss: Aer at Four Seasons, and Dome at Intercontinental.

Edited: 21 May 2013, 12:58
10. Re: Spa's and restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 May 2014, 07:19