We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inquiry...

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Pretoria, Gauteng...
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Inquiry...

Hi my flight is landing at the Mumbai Intl. Airport at 00:05 am (ie 12:05 am at night), I have a connecting flight at 2:45 am later the same night via Jet Airways to Kolkata. How long it would take to collect baggage, clear immigration and be in the domestic terminal. Should I change my flight plans to later time

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
51,212 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inquiry...

Hi there,

Discussed e.g. here

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g304554-i4228-k650…

Could just work but some risks involved...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
213 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inquiry...

unless your international flight is delayed beyond 30 mins, you should be able to take your domestic flight ..dont worry

Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
1,728 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inquiry...

Hi Sreerupa

If your arrival flight is on tie need not worry about that. You have enough time of 2hrs40 mins. In night traffic is also a bit less so hopefully you will get through easily.

cheers

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
7,819 posts
480 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inquiry...

Hi sreerupa..

Including arrival, baggage collection and immigration, minimum 1 hour is needed..from int airport to domestic, 30 mins..domestic check in closes before 45 mins of departure..

So if there won't be any delay in your arrival flight..you can catch the kolkata flight without any issue..

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inquiry...

I am flying (CID)-Chicago-Newark-Bombay-Calcutta, on United ticket-the BOM-CCU flt.is on Star alliance code share on Jet.

I arrive in BOM at 8:45 p.m., and my flt.to CCU on Jet is at 2:45 a/m/ from the domestic terminal. My question is how to find some way to rest until the next flight. After reading the Mumbai forum I have found out you are not allowed to hang out in the terminals-they "usher" you out of the international and do not allow I you in the domestic until close to the departure time.

I have looked at the lounge, Clipper ,Celebration etc. Is there any way that a passenger can enter those if they are not allowed in the terminals. Is there any coffee shops, eateries that are accessible

I am not too keen to take a taxi to visit some nearby restaurants in some of the hotels, after a 20 hr. flight.

Thank you for your help

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
585 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Inquiry...

There are a couple restaurants and a coffee shop at the domestic terminal. I think that help you kill time. And honestly the entry rules at the domestic terminal are not so fixed. So if I were you I would try to enter the departure gate, show them that you have landed from an international flight and the next connecting flight is at 2.45 am and hence let you in. Alternately you could ask the Jet staff on duty there and request them to let you in the terminal. Once inside you can access the lounges.

Iowa City, Iowa
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inquiry...

Thank you-will do!

8. Re: Inquiry...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2014, 06:18