We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

Mangalore, India
1 post
Save Topic
Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

Hi,

I have bought two 40" LED TV's in Saudi and planning to bring them to India as Excess baggage. I am travelling alone and I am willing to pay for Excess Luggage for Airlines. My Main Worry is about the Customs officers @ mumbai airport..

1. can a single person bring more than one TV as baggage?

2. what will be the customs limit per person (price or quantity)? will that limit be applied for price of both TV's together or separately?

3. How to tackle customs ? I am willing to pay dutiable tax legally?

ANy pointer on this will surely help me plan my travel..

Thank,

Ramakrishna

221 replies to this topic
41. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 14:44

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
26 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

If anyone is in that assumption that you can carry item upto 25000rs free without customs than the answer is Big NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO as per new law late last year

last to last year it was ok I send one TV with my parents from Melbourne and they didn't had to pay any custom duty

but

early this year I send one with my in laws and they had to pay 36% at the airport as per new law

else you need to leave the TV there at airport

Good Luck,

JJ

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
26 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

hi ANDYDENG,

I was in China last month on Vacation with my family and I came to your Guangzhou too :-)

its better than Beijing

cheers,

JJ

ahmedabad
2 posts
Save Reply
44. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

Hi i want to buy 32"led samsung from dubai to ahmedabd.so how much duty i have to pay?????

ahmedabad
2 posts
Save Reply
45. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

Hi i want to buy 32"led samsung from dubai to ahmedabd.so how much duty i have to pay????

Bombay
Level Contributor
78 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
46. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

Mumbai is always tricky.

OFFICIALLY, the Customs Duty that you Pay for ANY GOODS for solely Personal Use, can be claimed back as REFUND under Section 27 of The Customs Act in India. But i guess the process is a bit tricky like any government work in India.

Its better if you go through the Rules and Regulation here cbec.gov.in/trvler-guide_ason22may2013.pdf

On a personal note, best way to avoid all the hassle is

Either

1.Get some reference in the Customs Mumbai(The Lucky Ones)

OR

2.Act cool and move out confidently(The not so privileged ones)

(Remember, they look for Professional Smugglers and you are miniscule compared to them)

My suggestion would be, move out confidently through Green, if at all they stop you, say it is for PERSONAL USE and you thought, you needn't pay for those.

And worst case if at all you pay, just give it a try CLAIMING IT BACK AS REFUND.

Thanks

Mumbai, India
1 post
Save Reply
47. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

I am planning to bring an old used 54" TV from USA to India. The bill for the same is available to prove that it is a used TV of about one year. So how much duty / what rate of duty will I be charged here? What is the basis of calculation? Also what is the standard packing cost that may be charged by the Airline that I choose to travel with?

Abu Dhabi, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
48. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

Hi

I am also planning to buy a 40 inch SONY LED TV in Abu Dhabi & will bring with me may be in july14 last week. So please let me know price I have to pay in Mumbai Airport..??

Thanks in advance.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
21 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
49. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

Only if you can show that the camera is used. So its better to remove it from the packing box and keep it in your bag.

Kottayam, India
Destination Expert
for Kerala
Level Contributor
6,262 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
50. Re: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's

Hi

As of my knowledge custom price in airport for new tv is 36% of the price of that model in India.

Reply to: Customs at Mumbai Airport LED TV's
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted