We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to stay at cst Mumbai

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nagpur...
1 post
Save Topic
where to stay at cst Mumbai

Namaskar

Im coming with my husband and a 4 years daughter to cst Mumbai at 7 am,my train on the same day is from cst Mumbai at 7 pm, meanwhile I would like to go to shopping (cloths etc )in nearest area. could u suggest me a cheap hotel or would it be good to stay at retiring room and would it be safe to keep the luggage in luggage room at cst station.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
11 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to stay at cst Mumbai

Hi I would suggest you keep your luggage in the clock room instead of cheap hotels. Cheap hotels in mumbai are not safe as most of the cheap options are used for other purpose. Clock room are the safest bet for the type of journey you are suggesting.

Near to CST there is a good hotel call "SeaLord" , there you can try. it will cost you around 1000 or 1500.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,228 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to stay at cst Mumbai

Yes, the railway cloak room is a good idea since you need to return there anyway. The nearest clothes shopping is within walking distance of Victoria Terminus, it is near Crawford Market. It's just a straight road from VT to Crawford Market, and everyone knows it. Opposite Crawford Market there is a crowded lane which goes in, there are lots of pavement stalls as well as shops in this lane. In this lane is a famous fabric market called Mangaldas Market, you can ask for that. There are more than 200 shops inside that. Opposite Mangaldas Market, on this same lane is a restaurant called Revival, I had the thali meal there, it was excellent. https://www.facebook.com/RevivalIndianThali

London, United...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: where to stay at cst Mumbai

hi

As per you the arrival at station will be 07 am in the morning and you have to catch same day train at evening, will be a bit exhausting for you and also for your daughter.In my suggestion take a taxi to ma road which is not far from CST costing not more than 30 rs where you can get a cheap family hotel less than 1000 rs,take some rest and go around chor (thief ) market walking distance and also Crawford market as the expert already suggested you one of the biggest market in Mumbai , there are lot of restaurants on ma road one of my favorite is shalimar restaurant which offers a delicious meal ...and then proceed to station from your hotel with refreshing mind and body to catch your train onwards

4. Re: where to stay at cst Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2014, 06:16