We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Mumbai

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
56 posts
Save Topic
First time to Mumbai

We are a family of four traveling to India for the first time in December. After visiting the Golden Triangle, we will be flying to Mumbai, arriving New Year's Eve and staying for 3 days at ITC. We would love any suggestions about sights to visit and wondering if we should hire a driver to take us around or if we can do this on our own, taking taxis, etc. So, would like any recommendations for drivers, if necessary. Also, would love to see a cultural dance performance and wondering where and how we should plan on that? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,509 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Mumbai

Is this the ITC at Parel or near the airport? First I would change the hotel if possible, because both hotels are at not-so-good locations. But don't worry if you can't.

To answer your other questions:

1. Yes, I would advise a hired car since it'll be much easier to get around with one.

2. Suggestions on what to see tripadvisor.in/Guide-g304554-l461-Mumbai_Bom…

tripadvisor.in/Guide-g304554-l462-Mumbai_Bom…

Also, do go through previous forum posts for more suggestions.

3. For performances happening when you are here check this site closer to your arrival

http://www.timeoutmumbai.net/

Sorry but I can't recommend any driver, hope someone else can...

Edited: 15 September 2013, 06:02
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
13 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Mumbai

Mumbai during NyE is a decent time to visit as most Mumbaikars are outta town that time. 3Days is a good amount of time to catch the top spots of Mumbai. Mumbai is too vast and diverse to offer you my suggestions so its best you check out the attractions on this site and then plan accordingly. While planning I would recommend targeting attractions on a per location basis, as travelling in Mumbai (whether in a private car or public transport) can be menacing at times. Goto 1 area, check everything out n then move to the next.

Since I travel around a fair bit, I can give you a few suggestions on friendly n efficient drivers. It could get quite extensive here so suggest you shoot me an email at agnishwar23@gmail.com. would love to help u plan it out

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
346 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Mumbai

Are you already paid at the ITC. Which one - airport or Parel ?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Mumbai

Hiring a car would be better than taking a taxi. As for things to do things to do around Mumbai, check this list- http://j.mp/1bysABb

5. Re: First time to Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2014, 05:16