We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying a ticket for a domestic flight in the airport?

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tel Aviv
14 posts
Save Topic
Buying a ticket for a domestic flight in the airport?

I arrive to Mumbai on an international flight - holding a stand-by ticket , not knowing until the last moment if I am on that flight or not. Therefore, I will not have time to buy a ticket for my next flight From Mumbai to Delhi, which I would like to take ASAP. My questions are: 1. Can I buy this ticket from one of the air companies' offices in the Mumbai airport, or I need to use the Internet for that after landing in Mumbai? 2. If I can buy from an office in the airport, where are these offices located - in the international terminal or in the domestic one? 3. If I have to buy this ticket in an office in the Domestic terminal, would I be let without a domestic flight ticket on the shuttle to that terminal? 4. If negative, what is an alternative way to get to the Domestic terminal from the International one ?

Thanks for any help

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying a ticket for a domestic flight in the airport?

Hi,

1. Yes you can buy tickets at the airport.

2. Please see here for location of Airline counters: csia.in/knowyourairport/airlineticketcounter…

3. I'm not too sure about this. The site mentions that one must hold a valid ticket to use the facility. csia.in/knowyourairport/interttservices.aspx

I would still ask if I was you, they may agree to ferry you. But I cant guarantee that they will..

4. You can take a pre-paid taxi.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
49,658 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying a ticket for a domestic flight in the airport?

3. they very likely won't, as the bus drops you off inside the domestic Departures hall, beyond the first security check. And you guessed it, the sales counters of the airlines are BEFORE this check so you'd have to find a way to get back against the passenger flow...

However your escape is if you manage to book your domestic ticket in the 10-15 mins between your standby-to-onboard change and the moment that the wifi stops as you're too far in the plane, or even at Mumbai airport itself while first waiting for the customs and then for the luggage. (Not sure about wifi at airport there.) At the first security check in domestic an e-ticket purely on the screen of a phone or tablet/notebook is NOT okay (that's another reason the sales desks are outside, they have good business making extra prints of e-tickets for 50 rs for the loosers forgetting that rule :-) but I guess in order to enter the shuttle bus an e-ticket purely on the screen might do....

All the best,

<Erik>

Tel Aviv
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying a ticket for a domestic flight in the airport?

Thank you very much! Hope I will buy the ticket at the international terminal

Tel Aviv
14 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying a ticket for a domestic flight in the airport?

Thanks! Hope I will have an opportunity to use hifi and then to print the e-ticket before the security check at the domestic terminal. Or, alternatively, according to locations kindly shown by Sandy S , to buy this ticket at the international terminal.

Reuven

5. Re: Buying a ticket for a domestic flight in the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2014, 06:21