We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
637 reviews
Save Topic
Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

Apologies if it's been asked before.

I wasn't paying enough attention last time I went through the International terminal at Mumbai. Can anyone confirm for me if there are pre-paid taxi counters for arriving passengers.

I've booked a hotel which wants 1200 rupees to go just a few miles so I'd rather take a prepaid if they are available.

76 replies to this topic
Gurgaon
Level Contributor
153 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

Dear Koshkha, this question has been asked and answered many times before, on this forum, but maybe you have missed it.

YES there is a prepaid taxis counter at the International airport in Mumbai, and you can safely book a taxi from there to your hotel.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

Hello Koshkha,

There is a prepaid counter once you completely exit at the gate of CSIA International Airport at Mumbai both B&Y non a/c & B&S a/c are available .Just pay the prepaid amount get the receipt & hop on thecab who's Licence plate is mentioned on the receipt.The driver or the airport assistance will be of help in guiding to the cab in waiting lanes& uploading your luggage. The charges are fixed as per destination area plus the luggage & small service charges. May be little hire than the normal metered taxi. But safer as manned by taximan association & controlled by Mumbai Traffic police. But surely cheaper than the private cabs arranged by the Hotels as it is charging you to & fro plus the parking charges. Preserve you receipt until you alight at the destination.

UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
637 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

Thanks to both of you. I always use the prepaid service in Delhi so I thought there must also be the same in Mumbai. The Indian prepaid arrangement beats most of the arrangements everywhere else in the world. I wish we had similar in Europe. Visitors are most at risk of being conned in the first half hour after landing.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
42 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

In addition to the regular taxis, you could also book one of the fleet cabs which are larger and more comfortable than the ordinary taxis though a bit more expensive. Tabcab and Meru are among the more reputable operators and also have counters inside the airport to book your cab. Do note that they charge Rs. 75 as a convenience fee at the airport.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
86 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

There are counters for fleet cabs eg Tab cabs,Meru,Mega etc plus for the regular black and yellow or the cool cabs at the airport. However I always prefer to book the fleet cabs as they are quite reliable and comfortable .They charge Rs 80 at International airport and Rs 50 at domestic airport as convenience fee and go by meter reading as per actual.

UK
Level Contributor
181 posts
637 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

We took a Meru cab last night. It was a complete nightmare. The driver didn't know where he was going, didn't know the hotel, and at one point was - if we understood him correctly - trying to get us to get out of his cab at Juhu beach because he couldn't find the place. He spent the whole journey making the most disgusting snorting noises with his nose and we really didn't know if we'd ever get to the hotel.

On the plus side, even with the extensive detour, it was a lot cheaper than we expected. But I'm not sure I want to save money that much.

Definitely worth making a print out of the location of the hotel - with a map. I'm not sure he could actually read the address.

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
68 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

I experienced the same thing when I first dealt with cab drivers from mumbai airport. U can find prepaid easily at the corner of exit gate, to me,I d prefer to use my own taxi. Its more comfortable and safe.

Mumbai (Bombay...
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

Is there counter for prepaid taxi outside terminal 2 of international airport at Mumbai ?

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

THere is always a prepaid counter in either of the city airport i man metro city in India.

I belive that you got the wrong man or the man try to fool you for more money. You have reached you hotel safely that is good

Welcome to India

A T
Rotherham, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport

Hi Everyone

Does anyone got any idea of how much the prepaid taxi charges from Mumbai to pune?

many thanks

Ashutosh

Reply to: Prepaid taxis, Mumbai Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted