We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help..First timer please

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Help..First timer please

Hi all..flyin into mumbai on 28th dec..spending two nights before gettin the train down to goa.

Couple of questions, we are staying at Novetel hotel on juhu beach....just wondering how far this is to cst rail station as this is where our train wil be departing from? And rougly how much in a taxi?

Secondly we have the full day there on the 29th and want to do and see as much as possible wondering if there is a trip office where we could book a full day sightseeing or if its better to organise ourself? Any advise on this would be a big help..we definitely want to see the slums, any other recommendations of must see in a day? Xx

england
Level Contributor
4,277 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help..First timer please

Hi, at a guess I would say the distance is roughly 8 km, around 5 miles. Sure others will advice, travel time 15 mins, but depends on traffic as Mumbai gets very busy so allow plenty of time. Taxi,s are a lot cheaper than goa, think I paid around 400 rupees from airport to coloba area, over a hour. So would say fare around 150 rupees at a guess. For tours, and visiting the slums I recommend using reality tours.

2. Re: Help..First timer please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 November 2013, 00:05
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help..First timer please

Hello leannes21,

Novotel to CST station will be about 18/20kms & will take approx. 60-75 minutes to reach there by taxi as the traffic is most of the time bad on Mumbai roads.Can be 20/25mins less if it is late night or early morning or a Sunday afternoon travel.The B&Y non a/c should cost around INR 350/400 & the Cool Cab B&S will be 25% more than B&Y.

Can visit the slums on second day and are closer to Novotel but all other sight seeing the major ones are situated closer to CST station. Can see most of them in a day. Have option to do on your own or take a private tour if you refer earlier posting here you will find some options.If you are not yet booked at Novotel can see a option of hotel around Colaba / Fort area as all the major attraction are around here and closer to CST station some 1/2km.distance.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,790 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help..First timer please

If you can change the hotel to something in South Mumbai, your experience of the city will be much better. You will be closer to the sights, and not spend time in traffic. You will also be closer to the train station.

If you cannot change the hotel, then you need to plan your day so that ideally you leave early in the day and return before the evening rush hour traffic. Some parts of Juhu have very narrow roads and evening traffic can be a real pain in the butt.

Oldham, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help..First timer please

Thanks for the replys. Unfortunately we cant change our hotel as ive already booked it. How far is to the south from juhu?

Thanks chelsea I have checked out reality tours and they look really reasonable. We want to get the most out of the day...any recommendations of places to visit wud be fab :)

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Help..First timer please

Hello leannes21,

It seems you have missed my post #3 here . As it gives the answer to your earlier and the question have put now in #5.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,790 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help..First timer please

From Juhu to CST station (locally called VT station) you should leave the hotel at least 2 hours before the train time, if your train is during the day time office hours. The drive is going to take 1 to 1.5 hours depending on traffic.

If your train is early morning when there is no traffic you can reach in 30 minutes.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help..First timer please

hi,the fare from juhu to cst railway station should cost you around 500 rs depending on the traffic as for the slum tours try reality tours ,have a nice stay in Mumbai, if you need any other info please feel free to get in touch with me.

Banbury, United...
Level Contributor
267 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help..First timer please

Hi, the best tour for 1 day will be with Pranav at Grand Mumbai Tours, he is fantastic and very flexible to your needs, he is also No.1 on Tripadvisor for good reason!

Have a great time!

Mentioned in this post
Grand Mumbai Tours
Grand Mumbai Tours
479 Reviews
Mumbai, India
Doha, Ad Dawhah...
Level Contributor
23 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help..First timer please

Hey Leanne, I'm flying to Mumbai on 28th Dec too by Qatar.. and then to Goa on 30th by train.. havent booked my train yet though.. If you dont mind maybe we could travel together..

I have Mumbai hotel booked in a place called Andheri and Goa booked in Calangute.

Cheers

Eddie

Mentioned in this post
Qatar
Qatar
Middle East
Goa
Goa
India
Calangute
Calangute
North Goa District, India