We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from international to domestic at mumbai airport

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk, loughborough...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from international to domestic at mumbai airport

Hi, Can anyone tell me the quickest route from. int' to Dom' at mumbai . I am going on spice jet, at Dom' at 12 miday, after arriving at int' at 8.55am. Thank you, Mick.

Doncaster, United...
Level Contributor
1,428 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from international to domestic at mumbai airport

mick its been quite some time since i had to do this

but there is a transit coach its not always easy to catch so

at the carousel grab anyone with a uniform and ask..

failing that there are plenty of cabs, but dont hang about.

uk, loughborough...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from international to domestic at mumbai airport

Thank you very much for that F.t.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,094 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from international to domestic at mumbai airport

If your arrival international is right on time, then you will clear immigration and get bags and go through customs by 10 am. There is a free shuttle bus from international to domestic but the frequency is not as good as it should be and sometimes there is a 20 minute wait for the bus. The transfer itself takes 20-30 minutes.

These days the domestic airlines ask you to officially report 2 hours before the flight, but lots of people show up with less lead time.

In my view you will be cutting it real fine, especially if your arrival is delayed, or your bags come out late, or you have some other problem.

The best thing to do is find the ground staff and tell them your flight is at 12 noon and look like you're panicking.

Edited: 22 October 2013, 14:55
uk, loughborough...
Level Contributor
11 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from international to domestic at mumbai airport

Thank you deepa, by ground staff do you mean anyone in the international side that looks official.?

5. Re: Transfer from international to domestic at mumbai airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 October 2014, 06:20