We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A hotel suitable Hotel

Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
A hotel suitable Hotel

Hi,

I am arriving to Mumbai Chatrapati airport at 1am on Monday the 3rd Feb.

I have the following day FREE to explore Mumbai (as much as is possible within only 1 full day and evening) And then the following morning (4th) i have a early train to catch (Mandovi Express) from Mumbai CST Station.

My question is this:

Where would be the best hotel for me to stay at (in terms of location) given that i am landing at Chatrapati at 1am (i'll want to get in to bed soon after landing!) and that i will need to be staying relatively close to CST Train Station for my in order to catch my 6.55am train on the morning of the 4th! I also want o spend the whole day of the 3rd seeing as much of Mumbai as possible!

Is there a hotel that is equidistant? Or should i just stay sloes to the CST or the Airport?

Many thanks!

Chris

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1 post
236 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A hotel suitable Hotel

You can stay at P.A. Residency near CST station next to GPO on Shahid Bhagat Singh Road. The hotel is clean and the management is friendly.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,970 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A hotel suitable Hotel

Hello Chris,

Stay near CST railway station Fort, Churchgate,Colaba as you will be exploring the entire day for sight seeing and board a train next day early morning.The major sight seeing is in the area/nearby area.So it will be easy commuting if you plan to stay in the area around for sight seeing & catch a train next morning.

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,672 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A hotel suitable Hotel

Mumbai city is laid out north-south, with the airport in the north, and the sightseeing in the south.

The area near the airport is commerical and industrial in nature. It is difficult to access shops and restaurants without a private car. Also you need 1.5hrs to come from the hotels near the international airport to the Gateway of India or Victoria Terminus during the day.

So it makes no sense to stay in the north. Come to a place in south Mumbai immediately after your flight arrives in India. At that hour there won't be traffic and you will make it in under an hour.

If you post your hotel budget it is easy to suggest the right ones.

4. Re: A hotel suitable Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 December 2014, 06:19