We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blood check

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Accrington...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Blood check

I take Warfarin and will need to get my blood tested while in Mumbai - anyone know how I would go about this?

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
58 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Blood check

Hello.

The PT/INR test for warfarin is freely available in every corner of Mumbai. Results are typically available the same day or the next day and the cost isnt too much also.

Majority of the labs have trained technicians to draw blood, use sterile disposable needles, and do home / hotel visits for a small charge.

Depending on where you are put up in Mumbai, you can access a lab. check out www.Metropolisindia.com for locating a lab close to your area of stay. Its a chain across India.

For local easy to access labs, let me know where you gonna stay and can suggest a few names.

Accrington...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blood check

Hello

Thank you for your help. We are staying at Residency Hotel - Fort - Mumbai and I need to get a check on Friday, 24th January.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,157 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blood check

Ask the hotel desk for the nearest place where you can get a medical test, they will help you. There are some very nice people at the desk at Residency Fort. Also they have a doctor who can come to the hotel if you need any specific medical assistance.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blood check

Hello Majorette_Mamma,

The nearest to Residency Fort would be :

Firstly the South Mumbai Wellness Centre at

13 Firuz Ara, 160 Backbay Reclamation, Madam Cama Road, Opp Mantralaya, Mumbai-400021

Phone : 022-33993939

Secondly Gamdevi Centre at

Shree Niketan, 8 Kashibai Navrange Marg, Near Gamdevi Police Station, Gamdevi, Mumbai:Maharashtra.

Phone : 022-33993939

Besides Metropolis there are several other standalone & chain of diagnostic centers around fort area where you will be staying so look out for one.

But if you can head to Bombay Hospital at Dhobi Talo you can get the blood test done at their Lab even late in the night and probably 24x7 even and is just less than 1.5 kms from Residency at fort and closet & authentic.

Edited: 19 January 2014, 16:20
Accrington...
Level Contributor
12 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Blood check

Thank you to everyone for your help. I went to Bombay Hospital today and had my blood checked with no problem. Thank you all again.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,760 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blood check

Hello Majorette_Mamma,

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Glad that the suggestion helped and had your blood tested without problem at Bombay Hospital.

7. Re: Blood check

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2015, 05:18