We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Guwahati
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Hi,

My arrival time at Mumbai Domestic airport is 9.35pm, and have a train from mumbai cst at 11.05pm (Konkan Kanya Express).

What is the best way to reach the station and in quickest time possible. The train also stops at Mumbai Dadar Central. Is it advisable to board the train from there keeping the time in mind.

Regards

Rishi Todi

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
53,739 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Hi there,

To Dadar with some luck 30 mins though 45 mins is safest. To CST 75 mins, cut back to 60 mins if you use the Sealink toll route. So yes in your case I'd grab Dadar, about the only chance of catching the train as with checked luggage you'd be outside the terminal maybe 10:15. Prepaid cab from airport is best.

All the best,

<Erik>

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Hello todiri,

Too short unless you are out from airport in next 10 mins of your arrival at CSIA domestic airport and on taxi by 9-45 am ( which very much doubtful) may get struck in some traffic snarls ,hold up takes place as peak hours of morning so little more difficult but can never foresee what can hold up .Try for later train possibly leaving from CST or try board the same train at Dadar which will also take about an hour or more to reach from Domestic airport in peak hours of morning or most of the hour during day so if you can manage to reach Dadar by 10-45 am. change your train.

The quickest is by taxi from Domestic airport to Dadar.As will not advice local train although my reach faster by10/15 mins. but the time you reach Vile Parle station and take a local, cross over the foot over bridges buy local train ticket will not save much of your time.

So best would be to board next available train from CST with a gap of more than 3 hours from arrival t train timings for any eventuality and can reach with a bit ease.

Guwahati
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Hi, thanks for the reply. The arrival us at night 9.30pm and my not carrying any check in luggage.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,844 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Hello Rishi Todi,

Sorry I missed on pm & thought it was am.

Though night it will Dadar you need to board the train from and it should be by Taxi from CSIA domestic airport will reach in about 40-50 mins.add this hours once you are out from airport in about 15mins.You will have extra 10-15 mins. at Dadar to board the train as it is next station after CST( and closer to airport than CST ) & KKE will be reaching around 11-15 pm at Dadar. The halt at Dadar would be brief just 2/3 mins. so you should reach the correct platform & compartment to board the train crossing the foot over bridge after alighting.

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Dude it's difficult to pick the train because Mumbai airport to CST distance is nearby 13 km and it will take 40 minutes minimum at you will reach but if you hire a Mumbai radio taxi that is best option for you.

Here are few taxi providers at Mumbai airport.

www.merucabs.com

www.olacabs.com

www.tabcab.in

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,198 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Hi !

Do web-chek in and secure a seat in front row.. that will save few minutes ... every minute saved ...is good.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,527 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Hi Rishi,

You aren't going to be bake to catch the train. Plain and simple. You must look for other options.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,527 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Oops where did that bake come from? Possibly because I'm gorging on cake as I type this,...lol

Sorry, I meant you won't be able to catch the train.

mumbai
Level Contributor
178 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

Book an earlier flight or charter a helicopter, but no helipad at CST.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,198 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel Time between Mumbai Airport & Mumbai CST/Dadar

One Out-of-box solution :

Assume you arrive at Domestic Airport @ 09:45 take an auto and travel upto Kurla (CR) (West) Railway Station. You will reach around 10:15 / 10:30.

Take CST-Panvel Local from Platform No. 7 @ 10:33 .. and you will reach Panvel @ 11:23.

Next CST-Panvel Local is at 10:46 & 11:00 reaching Panvel at 11:35 & 11:50.

Konkan Kanya Express arrives at Panvel Railway Station @ 12:25 and departs @ 12:30

You still have lot of spare time with you... should anything go wrong.

All the best.