We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Mumbai T2 International to Domestic airport

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Mumbai T2 International to Domestic airport

Hi,

I will be travelling from LHR to BOM next month on Virgin Atlantic. (arrive approx. 1am)

I also have a seperate Jet Airways tickets to Bhuj later the same day (departs approx. 7am)

Can someone help confirm how I proceed from T2 (International) to the domestic terminal after I clear customs?

Do I need to follow any 'transfer' signs after I pick-up my luggage from the customs X-ray machine?

Is there a Jet airways counter I need to check-in before I board the inter-terminal bus to the domestic terminal?

Any help would be appreciated.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,626 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Mumbai T2 International to Domestic airport

Well it's partly guesswork as have not been there yet (planned for this fall), but at least it sounds very UNlogical to "Jet airways counter I need to check-in before I board the inter-terminal bus to the domestic terminal?"

The point is that this counter, or often it's walking agents, is targeted for a different situation: luggage already labeled to Bhuj or any other domestic airport, and simply needed to put in the right stream again after you've cleared customs yourself (just like in USA). In your case luggage is labeled to BOM only (don't forget to tear it off once you are at next checkin). You_can_ take the inter-terminal bus, but you have to carry the luggage and upon arrival at Domestic will have to find a route to the check-in counters.

All the best,

<Erik>

London, United...
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Mumbai T2 International to Domestic airport

Thanks! I found this is on the Jet Airways website when checkin at Mumbai International Terminal 2:

Transferring from International to Domestic

All Guests arriving into India must pickup and clear their baggage at the first port of entry. Immediately after the Customs screening point, please turn left and enter the Domestic Transfer area Please re-screen any checked in baggage at the Jet Airways x-ray machine.

If you have been through checked-in and have your domestic boarding pass, please deposit your checked baggage at our Transfer counters. If you have not obtained your domestic boarding pass, you can check in on your Jet Airways flights at our Transfer counters. We will transfer your checked baggage onto your connecting Jet Airways flight

A complimentary inter-terminal shuttle is provided by MIAL, to bring Guests to the Domestic Terminal (1A)

Edited: 29 March 2014, 22:00
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
50,626 posts
174 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Mumbai T2 International to Domestic airport

Okay, good info, was not aware of Jet being able to check in at the transfer counters. Not aware of other domestic airlines being able to do so. It saves you a little bit of hassle indeed.

Tnx,

<Erik>

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Mumbai T2 International to Domestic airport

It's quite simple and the Jet website already explains it clearly. Their ground staff is excellent and will assist.

I don't believe your luggage will be through checked in, I think it is more likely that you need to check in again with baggage.

5. Re: Transfer from Mumbai T2 International to Domestic airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 05:16