We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lonavala-Khandala tour for 6-7 days

1 post
Save Topic
Lonavala-Khandala tour for 6-7 days

We are 11 friends and planning to visit lonavala-khandala in june. Can you tell me approximately cost per person including all major sight-seeing.

Mumbai Magic - Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Be The Local Tours and Travel
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Royal Bombay Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Top Communications - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,035 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lonavala-Khandala tour for 6-7 days

Hi Pradip,

Lonavala / Khandala can be covered in 2-Days/1-Night. 6-7 days is a long period. Do you have any other locations in sight which you propose to cover in 6-7 days. Depending upon your interest and your origin, you will need to decide on such location. The budget will be based on that.

CarLink

Mentioned in this post
Lonavala
Lonavala
Pune District, India
Khandala
Khandala
Lonavala, India
Guwahati, India
Destination Expert
for Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Manipur, Mizoram, Nagaland, Guwahati, Shillong, Tawang, Imphal, Aizawl, Kohima, Kaziranga National Park
Level Contributor
5,551 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lonavala-Khandala tour for 6-7 days

Yes, I also agree with the suggestion above, 2days are sufficient for all sightseeing in Lonavala-Khandala. Day 1 can be spent on sightseeing and day 2 on adventure sports or other leisure activities.

You can use the remaining days to either continue traveling to other spots in the Sahayidri region such as Matheran, Satara, Wai and Mahabaleshwar. Or do some trekking at Torna fort, Harishchandragarh, Raigarh fort etc.

Mentioned in this post
Matheran
Matheran
Raigad District, India
Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar
Satara District, India
Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Lonavala-Khandala tour for 6-7 days

@ Pradip, If you are planning a trip for 6-7 days then definitely you should select a destination which is really worthy to invest your week. You haven't mentioned from where you will depart, but I consider that you will come from Mumbai.

For Lonavala and Khandala visit two days are enough. I would like to suggest you following tourist places.

1) Konkan: Konkan is one of the most beautiful part of Maharashtra. in Konkan you can visit Dive Agar, Shrivardhan, harishareshwar beaches and Ganpati Pule as well. Many historic fortes are there in konkan and these are Sindhudurg, Rayagad etc.

2) Mahabaleshwar and Panchgani: Mahableshwar is the famous hill station in India and it is not so far from Mumbai. if you are looking to spend 6-7 days holiday then it is the perfect place. Live in beautiful valleys and enjoy the atmosphere. You can also enjoy adnventures like paragliding, kite surfing etc.

Water sports are also available there in Panchgani. Jet ski, Motor boat, banana boat and family boat etc. These services are available at selected places only.

3) Aurangabad Division: You have one more option to spend holidays if you are ready to travel and interested in visiting ancient places. Aurangabad is famous because of Ajintha and Ellora, these are ancient caves.

Also Daulatabad Forte is must visit place near Aurangabad.

So choice is yours, I have suggested many options to you. But I don't know how you will react on these. Because I even don't know where are you from and from which city you will come.

Edited: 21 April 2014, 06:36
Mentioned in this post
Khandala
Khandala
Lonavala, India
Mahabaleshwar
Mahabaleshwar
Satara District, India
Panchgani
Panchgani
Satara District, India
Aurangabad
Aurangabad
Aurangabad District, India
4. Re: Lonavala-Khandala tour for 6-7 days

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2015, 05:15