We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant near Leopolds

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1,466 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant near Leopolds

When last in Bombay we went to Leopolds but also went to a similar place not too far from there. Cant remember exactly but was on a corner, I think. Very popular and we had to wait for a table.

Wish I could remember the name of it. Very friendly owner who visited all the tables to chat. I liked that.

Any suggestions as to what it may be called please.

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant near Leopolds

Hello doofus 1,

The description deciphers to Cafe Mondegar close to Regal Cinema you visit last time it is on the same pavement as Leopolds Cafe but close to Regal Circle.

Can see the image here …wikimedia.org/wiki/…_on_Colaba_Causeway.jpg

Edited: 12 May 2014, 18:16
Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,391 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant near Leopolds

I too feel that it's Cafe Mondegar, next to Regal Cinema.

Café Mondegar is an excellent place for hangouts. Mario Miranda’s colourful cartoons adorn the walls and the star attraction of course is the Juke Box.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
30 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant near Leopolds

It has to be Café Mondegar. The owner tries to make it to as many tables as possible

4. Re: Restaurant near Leopolds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2014, 13:38
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay)
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant near Leopolds

Mondegar Cafe is the place you are referring to for sure!!! It serves a great English breakfast too!!!

Cheers,

Aadil.

6. Re: Restaurant near Leopolds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16