We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Enough time for transit? (INTL to INTL)

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Enough time for transit? (INTL to INTL)

Hi,

We are due to fly with Jet in December from London and arriving into Mumbai. We will then be connecting on to Bangkok.

Jet have just informed us that the new departure time is 01:30, meaning we only have an hr between landing and taking off. Both flights are with JET, so I know we wont have to collect baggage (wether they make the Bangkok flight in time is another issue altogether).

I have tried to look through here for some advice but most seems to relate to INTL to domestic. We will be in Premiere, so hopefully we should be able to get off the plane quite sharpish.

Thanks in advance

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
55,500 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Enough time for transit? (INTL to INTL)

Hi there,

It depends on how efficient the ground staff is able to help you. On several INT to INT transfers in Indian airports (but not T2 yet) the process was:

1] All passengers have to leave the plane (yup!) and report to ground staff that they're on this kind of transit.

2] Ground staff member brings you to the 'backdoor' to Departure lounge, which also has security screening/X-ray.

3] Then once you've cleared it you can go to gate.

I hope that Jet at least allows 1] to happen in batches with e.g. Premiere people being allowed to go to 2] in a first group. No guarantee, had a similar situation on AI business class and we simply had to wait for the whole plane...

All the best,

<Erik>

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,642 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Enough time for transit? (INTL to INTL)

This is not looking very good, is it? Why don't you ask Jet Airways themselves?

London, United...
Level Contributor
12 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Enough time for transit? (INTL to INTL)

Thanks Eric, Deepa.

As it is all on Jet and their suggested flights, hopefully they will have something in place. But I will drop them an email closer to the time.

Mumbai
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Enough time for transit? (INTL to INTL)

Hi

Please check with jet whether they are issuing 2 boarding card at the Place of departure if yes the your baggage will go through and u need not worry of connecting flight

5. Re: Enough time for transit? (INTL to INTL)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2015, 05:15