We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JanShatbadi train 12051

Level Contributor
1,485 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
JanShatbadi train 12051

I was looking to see what food was served on train Jan Shatbadi from Mumbai to Goa and came across this site. It appears you can order from an outside agency to deliver on train. I'm confused by that but here's the link and maybe someone can decipher it for me.

www.merafoodchoice.com/stations.aspx…

Hyderabad, India
Destination Expert
for Hyderabad
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: JanShatbadi train 12051

Ordering food Online thru website is a Third Party initiative launched few months back and it has not picked up much yet within the local Indians yet so cannot provide any reviews.

Considering JanShatabdi is a day journey train with approx 8 hrs journey it should be manageable and food is sold, for Breakfast they may sell Bread Omlet or/and Indian Breakfast like Idly/Vada or Upma. For Lunch it may have Biryani or Mixed Meal with Rice/Dal/Roti & Curry.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,529 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: JanShatbadi train 12051

While I don;t have any personal experience about this, I've read somwehere that these websites aren't reliable. So, they may take your order but not deliver it at all.

I'd rely on the food sold on the train. As RatnaPrasad has said you'll be able to buy from the many options available.

Meerut
Level Contributor
64 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JanShatbadi train 12051

online food ordering on train is not an organized indutry in India yet. Hence, this is not advisable. You will have many options to prepack food and have than on board as Jan Shatabdi is a day train.

Level Contributor
1,485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: JanShatbadi train 12051

Many thanks indeed.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Cavelossim
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: JanShatbadi train 12051

Or take a picnic, just in case you do not care for the food on the train. I always take a pile of fruit, water and a big bag of nuts on long journeys in India (and elsewhere). I usually ask wherever I am staying to do me a couple of takeaway containers of chopped fruit and loads of napkins - good at airports too and beats the food available on domestic flights and at the airport catering concessions.

Level Contributor
1,485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: JanShatbadi train 12051

Will they let you through airport security with food in containers and drinks too even on Domestic flights?

When in Philippines earlier in year we had most problems on domestic flights with over the top security officials.

I did however purposely leave a bottle of water in my rucksac and they didnt notice that. However a walking cane/umbrella with no sharp pint they tried to confiscate but I eventually won the day.

7. Re: JanShatbadi train 12051

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 June 2015, 05:16