We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

I am organising a group of about 15 people (mainly non-Indians but also a few of Indian descent) that will be visiting Mumbai.

I would like to take them out for a tasty group dinner in Mumbai on our last night and would like some restaurant suggestions. Here are my criteria:

(1) We are staying in Parel, so somewhere not too far from there (say, max. 15 minutes in a taxi).

(2) We want somewhere that has a good lively atmosphere. Our evening will involve some informal speeches, so we don't want anywhere too noisy, but we don't want a quiet private room either. :)

(3) My strict budget, including all food and plenty of drinks, is US$30 per head (which is about rs. 1800).

It doesn't have to be a posh place, and it would probably be better if it isn't. I'd actually like somewhere that isn't full of yuppies and rich dudes.

Thanks for any help!

Jim.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
48 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

www.burrp.com should help you finding such places. :) happy planning!

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,734 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

Hello Jim,

There are plenty of places .Palladium Mall/HSP Mall at Lower Parel has many dine in option has more than a dozen restaurant are there with many different cuisine and suit different budget. There are few set up in near by Todi Industrial Estate (Lower Parel) where there are lounges /bar and restaurants and a nightlife is quite well spent.The Blue Frog falls under your criteria except at times will find young dudes at times.

Further in the vicinity the India Bull center (closer to Parel) & Peninsula Center many newer restaurant are just set up. So can try one of them.

Can view the list here :

zomato.com/mumbai/…palladium-mall-lower-parel .

www.zomato.com/mumbai/lower-parel-restaurants

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), India
Level Contributor
3,882 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

I would suggest the following options near Parel

Thackers at Chowpatty - This is a vegetarian joint. Go for the Gujarati Thali which allows you to sample many preparations. Thali really showcases Indian cuisine and in Mumbai, Guajarati Thali is the best and cheapest option (<Rs 300 / head).

Neel - Tote on the Turf at Mahalaxmi Racecourse - Good Indian food. More expensive but again would showcase Indian cuisine in luxurious ambience. While more expensive than Thackers, this would be well within your budget.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

@ #1 - Not very helpful! I know that there are websites that list restaurants. I am looking for actual recommendations that meet the

criteria I outlined, from people who know these places. Thanks anyway.

@ #2 & 3 - Thank you! I appreciate the specific recommendations!

Edited: 25 June 2014, 08:45
Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
74 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

Is there any particular cuisine you are interested in because you have left a big room for choices???

Mumbai
Level Contributor
361 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

You can also try Cream Center opposite Chowpaty... You can also opt for Punjabi Tadka - Dadar, very near to station and close to Parel also..

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
34 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

I would recommend K & K ( kebabs and kurries) at ITC GRAND CENTRAL, parel. Amazing variety of cuisines if Lucknowi and hyderabadi is the taste you are looking for.

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
10,408 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

1) There are lot of good restaurants in Lower Parel area.

2) Check out the following:

The White Owl, Café Zoe – European cuisine

Veda, The Flute (Krishna Palace), Punjab Grill, Kebabs & Curries (ITC Grand Central”) – Indian cuisine

United Sports Bar & Grill – Continental

3) At the above places, I think you will have to limit your drinks to fit into your budget. With drinks, I feel that Café Zoe and Kebabs & Curries (ITC Grand Central) will not fit into your budget. As your overall budget is only USD 30, drinks are going to be expensive and take a major cut of your budget.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

I highly reccomend for Pratap lunch home at Janambhoomi marg in Fort,its famous for sea food as well as Indian food,try there prawn crispy or butter prawn.chicken lollipop etc

Mumbai
Level Contributor
8,790 posts
273 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mumbai - restaurant suggestion

Hi,

Pratap Lunch Home is not comparable with any of the restaurants suggested on the forum. It's a very small, stuffy place and tend to get crowded and noisy with office-goer crowd. May be avoided.

CarLink