We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mumbai to Taj Mahal day trip, train, flight taxi?

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
818 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Mumbai to Taj Mahal day trip, train, flight taxi?

Hi there so we are keen to travel to mumbai next year for a ten night stay. I have always wanted to see the Taj Mahal and due to work and family it is unlikely I will ever return to india again so would like to see the Taj Mahal during my stay in mumbai.

My question is is it possible to do an excursion from mumbai to tan mahal? I know there are internal flights from mumbai to Delhi does anyone know how much they are?

Once we arrive at Delhi airport what do we do then, train taxi etc?

We really have no idea and only travelled in Europe before we are a bit nervous and don't know where to start

Are there any tour companies that will do a one day tour?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks :)

Grand Mumbai Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Mumbai Moments
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
Mumbai Magic - Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours
Mystical Mumbai
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Bike Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours
agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mumbai to Taj Mahal day trip, train, flight taxi?

You can do a overnight trip or 2 nights 3 days trip via Delhi. You need to fly to Delhi and from there drive to Agra. Next day you can drive back to Delhi airport for flight back to Mumbai. It is good to have a prebooked cab for your tour.

For flights you can look at www.cleartrip.com

If you want to see a bit of Delhi then make it 2 nights three days tour.

You can organise it is your self.

deepak

Edited: 27 July 2014, 13:44
Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
818 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mumbai to Taj Mahal day trip, train, flight taxi?

Have you any idea roughly how much a taxi would be from Delhi airport to Taj Mahal?

Noida, India
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mumbai to Taj Mahal day trip, train, flight taxi?

You can look at:

tripadvisor.in/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k4464…

Noida, India
Level Contributor
77 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mumbai to Taj Mahal day trip, train, flight taxi?

Cost depends upon the type and condition of car, what is included in the tour and no. of people with you.

It can be around Rs.6000/- to Rs.8000/- for same day tour.

Bexley, Kent
Level Contributor
818 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mumbai to Taj Mahal day trip, train, flight taxi?

There would be two of us, air conditioned car and just take us to Taj Mahal wait for us for an hour or 2 then back to the airport, is this around £60-£80?

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,005 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mumbai to Taj Mahal day trip, train, flight taxi?

@Lucia travel,

Yes you are right.. These are good indicators.

deepak

7. Re: Mumbai to Taj Mahal day trip, train, flight taxi?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2015, 06:16