We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest restaurants

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
for Sikkim, Manali, New Delhi, Darjeeling, Bihar
Level Contributor
13,178 posts
334 reviews
Save Topic
Suggest restaurants

Hello

Can you please suggest some Parsi/Irani/Malabari/Konkani restaurant in South Mumbai (better if its around colaba).

Thanx

India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), India
Level Contributor
4,169 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest restaurants

Brittania in Ballard Estate and Kayani at Girgaum for Irani.

The trio of Mahesh. Apurva and Trishna at Fort for Malvani / Mangalorean food. Though I haven't been there is a while, so can't vouch for the food now.

No idea on Malabari.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,225 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest restaurants

Hi Rapat,

To add to the list :

Idea Corner at Fort - For Parsi Food

Bade Miya Near Taj Mahal Hotel - For Kebabs,

Gomantak at Fort- For Goan Cuisine

Pancham Puri (Near CST Railway Station) - For their iconic Puri-Bhaji

Aaram (Near Capital Cinema) - For Maharashtrian Snacks

Exlensea (Near Fort Market) - For Mangalorean Sea Food

Chetna (Near Jehangir Art Galary) & Samrat (Near Churchgate Rly Stn) - For Guajarati & Rajasthani Thali

I think this should suffice.

CarLink

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,178 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest restaurants

Thanx

Now the list is too long and I have just 2 days in South mumbai so have to chose best among these.Been to mahesh lunch and britania earlier.Do you guys have any idea about Global fusion in Sakinaka. Planed for buffet dinner on 1st day as i would be in Powai,selected this place mainly for Shushi and asian cuisine.

Edited: 08 August 2014, 11:35
4. Re: Suggest restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 08 August 2014, 14:05
MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggest restaurants

Hello rapat2604,

Global Fusion is a nice place to dine out. Have not try the buffet but it is quite good & exhaustive and need some more time on your side to enjoy the meal as per some of my friends .

Sorry I erred earlier on a la carte thing as it was a sit down dinner & not a la carte as they do not serve as only buffet restaurants.

Can try if in Powai

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,178 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggest restaurants

Hello guys

Just returned from mumbai and had a great weekend.Enjoyed a lot specially food.On 1st day i visited Global Fusion at sakinaka and that was the best thing of my visit.Had a buffet lunch and it was really worth.Spend one and a half hour there.Lots of option to chose from.Shushi were great.In evening visited Chilils at Hiranandani gardens.Ate some Nachos,baritos and a burger.It was good for a change from regular McD or KFC.Next day visited south mumbai and had lunch at Pratap lunch home at fort.Good sea food,had in earlier visited mahesh lunch home and i can say that pratap is better than mahesh.Pratap is economical than mahesh with better taste,had crab, prawn,surmayi and sea food biryani with neer dosa.Later in evening had some quike byte in bade miya,that doesnt impress me much,may be as i am from north india and more frequent to mughlai from delhi,lucknow and kolkata.Next day was in powai and had lunch in 5 spice ,sakinaka.Had thai food and it taste good and was economical with respect to other thai restaurants with good portion in a plate.In evening visited juhu chaupati and had some street food there.That place didnt impress me at all.They were expensive than what should be there actual price and taste wise also not so good.As a foodie i was fan of Delhi,kolkata and lucknow for there food but now i am fan of mumbai too.Next time whenever i visit will try to visit other places too with your valuable suggestion.Thanx again.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,225 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggest restaurants

Nice to read about your Mumbai food experience.

CarLink

Level Contributor
1,485 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggest restaurants

seems like people know what theyre talking about here - foodwise! May i add a question please.

I am a lover of Tandoori chicken. In the same are (Colaba) what would you guys recommend? Possible idea of cost would be apprreciated too.

Many thanks.

Mumbai
Level Contributor
10,225 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggest restaurants

Hi,

For Tandoori Chicken and Kababs .. Please visit Bade Miyan behind Taj Mahal Hotel, near Gateway of India. The cost per person will be lesser than Rs. 1000/-.

CarLink

Muzaffarpur, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
13,178 posts
334 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggest restaurants

Yes you can try Bade Miyan,its a good place for tandoori/mughlai food.