We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfer

Level Contributor
54 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfer

I'm thinking of booking two one way flights that would fly me from Kathmandu to Kochi, connecting through Mumbai.

Flight 1

Jet Airways: Kathmandu 12:35 - Mumbai 15:25

Flight 2

Indigo: Mumbai 18:55 - Kochi 21:00

My question is: since flight one is an international flight, I'll have to go through immigration in Mumbai. Is 3 hours and 30 minutes enough time to go through immigration, collect luggage, and check in to the domestic flight?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Kathmandu
Kathmandu
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal
Kochi (Cochin)
Kochi (Cochin)
Kerala, India
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Indigo
Indigo
729 Reviews
Mumbai, India
India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5,077 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfer

Note that you will enter Mumbai through Terminal 2 and exit through Terminal 1. Currently Indigo does not have a transfer desk at T2. So you will have to carry your luggage to the transfer shuttle after clearing immigration. My estimate for the time taken to reach T1 is maximum 1 hr including wait time after clearing immigration at T2.

If there are no major delays on the incoming flight you should be fine

Mentioned in this post
Mumbai
Mumbai
Maharashtra, India
Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,138 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfer

If the International flight is on time, the interval is quite sufficient.

CarLInk

Doha, Qatar
Level Contributor
12,569 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfer

3 hours and 30 minutes is ample time for you to collect the baggage and reach the domestic terminal.

4. Re: Airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 November 2014, 13:41
Mumbai
Level Contributor
11,138 posts
276 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfer

For Domestic Flights the Check-In counter closes 45 minutes before the expected time of departure. You may cross check with the airline.

CarLink

Edited: 09 August 2014, 17:58
6. Re: Airport transfer

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2015, 06:16