We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Linking Road shopping

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
Linking Road shopping

Hello, I am taking a trip to Mumbai and staying around Juhu Beach. I am looking for shopping areas, not high end or commercial, but rather more of a bazaar type atmosphere with local handicrafts and typical clothes or tourist things. I have heard that Linking Road is good for shopping and is relatively close to Juhu, but I am wondering if there are better options or where exactly in Linking road can I find these things. Thanks in advance!

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Linking Road shopping

Hello ndeboslk,

You have correct information to shop at linking road at Bandra as you would be in Juhu and is relatively closer to this place.

Starting from Bandra/ Khar telephone exchange when you drive from Juhu to until just opposite the National College the entire stretch of road & its by lanes you will find lots of street shopping mainly the shoes & clothes.

Also try to be at hill road Bandra starting from Globus till the St Andrew's Church and will find street shopping on the main and some bylanes on the stretch of this road

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,309 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Linking Road shopping

Linking Road is a western-style market, with many branded outlets, as well as locally owned outlets. Good for handbags, footwear, T-shirts, etc. McDonalds, KFC, are popular with people at Linking Road. Not the right place if you want to experience a local bazaar.

Edited: 24 August 2014, 10:51
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Linking Road shopping

Thank you for your replies! I'm most looking for local bazaars where I can buy typical indian handicrafts, local jewelery, etc. Not really interested in anything western or brand names. Is there a place near Juhu that has more of a bazaar atmosphere? I am only in Mumbai for 2 days on transit, and I've heard of nightmare traffic stories where it takes 4 hours to reach Colaba! I don't want to waste so much time when I have very little time to explore. Thanks again!

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,793 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Linking Road shopping

Hello ndebolsk,

You can find some jewellery in Juhu itself as some few shops there. Also can try the Santacruz west near the railway station the entire market for Indian clothes & jewellery.

As such there is no Bazar kind of market where you can find all of your interest . For Indian handicrafts can look for some shops at Juhu, Santacruz west & Linking road selling with other items even,

Doha, Qatar
Destination Expert
for Doha, Kerala
Level Contributor
11,312 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Linking Road shopping

If you are going to CST, then Colaba is a very short ride from there. Guess Colaba streets will cater to your requirements.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), Katra, Maharashtra, India
Level Contributor
5,522 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Linking Road shopping

Hi ndebolsk,

You could go to Santacruz west market. It's good for Indian clothes, artificial jewellery etc. I'm sure there must be some shop for handicrafts there too. Be prepared to brace the crowds though..:)

Level Contributor
3 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Linking Road shopping

Hi,

it would be worth going to Colaba, since it has one of the best street markets, you get beautiful jewelry, handicrafts, clothes, antiques.

I have stayed in Mumbai for over 2 years and believe me i know its a bit of a hassle to reach there, but then its totally worth it.

if not there then, go to Bandra as well, it has tiny market in Hill road and few very good restaurants to eat like Elco market- best pannipuri and chatpatta khana.

From there you can go to bandstand and carter road which is beautiful drive and walk and has celebrity homes too. there are various cafes and awesome nice places to eat there too.

or else as you already know linking road is also really good, go inside the small little gallies parallel to KFC there you would find some good stuff.

8. Re: Linking Road shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2015, 05:15