We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

September weather in Mumbai

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Topic
September weather in Mumbai

Hello, I am taking a trip to Mumbai and staying around Juhu Beach. I am wondering how the weather will be first week of September, is it still monsoon season there with strong winds and rain? Thanks in advance!

MUMBAI
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: September weather in Mumbai

Hello ndebolsk,

Official the monsoon gets over by first week of October but this year the setting in of monsoon is delayed considerably throughout India So never know how & when the monsoon recedes. Generally there are not so heavy showers & strong wind during September but some intermittent showers here or there with some moderate to at times heavy but not lasting long.

So should not be much of a problem to stay around Juhu beach.

Unless rain god behaves some differentially due to current situation of Global warming and so unpredictable weather condition throughout the globe. As no one can derive any prediction from the past many years of weather condition at a particular place.When ever our MET department makes a prophecy on a particular situation it always turns the other way.So we called weather as gods.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,272 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: September weather in Mumbai

Weather is hard to predict. We've been having several bright days now, although August has also seen heavy showers. It's an on-off situation, impossible to say what the first week of September will be like.

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
67 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: September weather in Mumbai

Thank you for your answers! I will hope for pleasant weather conditions so I can explore the city!

4. Re: September weather in Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 05:17