We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help - need recommendns re hotels Mumbai

Which Mumbai (Bombay) hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
help - need recommendns re hotels Mumbai

Hi! Visiting next month - lowbudget but want a nice/western standards (but cant afford oberoi prices) place to stay every week or so - can anyone recommend where/what area of Mumbai? thx!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
1,025 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help - need recommendns re hotels Mumbai

Hi There Try Hotel Residency nice hotel 1700rps for double room all mod cons Its In The fort area

australia
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: help - need recommendns re hotels Mumbai

shazuk - will check it out. thanks!

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay)
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help - need recommendns re hotels Mumbai

Yes, that's my recommendation too, just don't use their transfer facility as it is too expensive (just use a normal prepaid taxi from the airport for about half the price of their charges for the car). The hotel is pretty good and most of my friends stay there when in Mumbai. Do book in advance as they are generally full all the time. Their website is www.residencyhotel.com. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aadil.

Indian in Leicester
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: help - need recommendns re hotels Mumbai

Aadil

whats your next best hotel after Hotel Residency? They havent got avail over NY when they going

My dads kicking up a bit of fuss about being in Colaba area; dk why

but my sister wants to be able to go out..

best

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay)
Level Contributor
1,099 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help - need recommendns re hotels Mumbai

Hi Nutan,

The YWCA International Center is the other place I recommend but even that should be full most of the times so please check with them soon. It is also in the same price range and it is a really nice place. There is a slightly cheaper and no frills option which is the Hotel Benazeer just next to the Residency Hotel at around Rs900. Also there is the Hotel New Bengal in the Crawford Market area near the CST station at Rs700 approx for a double room with attached bath and much less for a common bath but the rooms are a bit small. They have two of the best restaurants in the area in the hotel itself. Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Aadil.

6. Re: help - need recommendns re hotels Mumbai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 01:17