We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rugs

Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
Rugs

Hi can anyone tell me where to buy rugs

14 replies to this topic
New Delhi, India
1 post
1. Re: Rugs

Dear Traveller

Thanks for your inquiry. We would suggest you to buy rugs from Agra reason there so many factory will be there if you would like to have some samples let me know i will send you link so from there you can buy Rugs.

In Agra there you will have lots of designer Rugs.

Thanks

Vishal

Level Contributor
97 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Rugs

Hi thank you I thought Jaipur was the place. Also where Can I buy sapphire and diamond ruff cut pendants loose stones I designe jewlery

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
for Mumbai, New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,981 posts
12 reviews
3. Re: Rugs

For carpets and rugs, you can shop in either Delhi, Agra or Jaipur. There are very big private showrooms in all these cities, mostly at super-inflated tourist prices. Fixed price shopping for carpets and rugs can be done at the CCIE on Janpath in Delhi. The address is

Jawahar Vyapar Bhawan, HC Mathur Lane, Opposite Imperial hotel, Beside Janpath Metro Station, New Delhi, Delhi 110001

Google Jawahar Vyapar Bhawan and see what it looks like, it is a TALL building, reddish, with many floors, the ground floor has CCIE.

Delhi
Destination Expert
for New Delhi
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Rugs

Hi Kim ,

Yes , Jouhary ( Gems ) Bazar is famous for precious & semi precious stones in Jaipur . In tourists shops prices are quite high and people do bargain. Before buying anything , visit at least 02 -03 shops & bargain.

Cottage Emporium , Janpath road , Delhi is a Govt run shop selling many tourist items , fixed price but not cheap. http://www.cottageemporium.in/

Hari Mangal

5. Re: Rugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2018, 13:29

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,981 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Rugs

She isn't talking about precious stones or gems.

Lowestoft, United...
Destination Expert
for Varkala, India
Level Contributor
10,789 posts
128 reviews
7. Re: Rugs

Post No. 2 mentions rough cut diamonds and Sapphires.

8. Re: Rugs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2018, 13:29

Mumbai, India
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,981 posts
12 reviews
9. Re: Rugs

Senior moment, lol, sorry!

Lowestoft, United...
Destination Expert
for Varkala, India