We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay in Jaipur

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay in Jaipur

I am overwhelmed by the choice of hotels in Jaipur which is great but I'd really like to have an idea of the areas where the hotels are as I would not want to be so far away from restaurants, etc that I was "trapped". However, I also get that it all gets a bit hectic and you might want to get away from it all.

For example, Bani Park -- is it really that away from it all? Thank you

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best area to stay in Jaipur

bani park is the central and prime location and pretty close to the Mi road where plenty of restuarant and all hotels through out the area od your budget.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,400 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best area to stay in Jaipur

If youre traveling around Delhi-Agra-Jaipur with a hired car, then you really need not worry which area to stay in as the car is always available to take you for dinners. But if you're taking trains and are not hiring a car to stay with you, you can still take tuk-tuks (autos). If you want to be walking distance from the restaurants, you have to be close to the stretch of M I Road from Government Hostel to Panch Batti as most restaurants are in this area. Bani Park will be a 30 min walk through bad traffic so you must take autos costing around Rs 50 per trip (negotiate before you start). Arya Niwas, Mandawa Haveli, Alsisar Haveli, Mansingh, Om Towers, Jai Niwas, Bhim Vilas, Wall Street, Country Inn will be good options on or just off M I Road.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,635 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best area to stay in Jaipur

I agree, Panch Batti area is quite nice and has many hotels in all price ranges. Many good restaurants are nearby.

Hong Kong
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best area to stay in Jaipur

Thank you! Your replies give me some focus now.

5. Re: Best area to stay in Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2010, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Jaipur