We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

Hi, I will be travelling to India with my daughter in November 2010 and hope to be going on a Delhi - Agra - Sawai Madhopur - Jaipur - Delhi trip.

I have managed to find trains at suitable times (I know these may change slightly by the end of the year)for all but the last leg from Jaipur to Delhi. The best time available is about 1640 from jaipur which arrives in Delhi at around 10:30 at night which is really not suitable. Are there airconditioned deluxe coaches that are a good alternative - and how would I book them etc?

I prefer not to fly.

How easy is it to hire a car and driver to take us - do I book through the hotel (when i book that!) or a travel agency . How safe is it for 2 women travelling alone and how safe are the roads etc. what sort of cars are available and any ideas as to costs?

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,620 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

It is certainly easy and relatively inexpensive to hire a car and driver for your whole trip or just part of the journey.

If you search on the Rajasthan forum you will find a number of agents and car companies which come highly recommended.

I used a company called TGS Tours and Travels, based in Jaipur, but they certainly cover all the areas you are travelling. I can recommend TGS wholeheartedly.

There is also the Rajasthan Association of Tour Operators, who have their own website.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

You can take Volvo buses run by the Rajasthan Roadways from Sindhi Camp bus stand or Narain Singh Circle stop in Jaipur. They take 6 to 7 hours to reach Delhi and drop you off wither at Dhaula Kuan (near the domestic airport) or at Bikaner House near the India Gate. Cost around Rs 700 per person. Advisable to book a day in advance at the Sindhi Camp bus stand. Volvo buses run every two hours

montreal
Level Contributor
203 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

i had really bad experience with bus in india,but train are really good,i was surprise,better take train if you travel more than 5 hours,and india is really safe place,we landed 4am in delhi and our room was taken,so we were looking for a room and i never felt in any danger,i was with my doughter alone

agra india
Destination Expert
for Agra, Jaipur, New Delhi
Level Contributor
8,016 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

There are many trains from Jaipur to Delhi in day time or should say any hour of the day or night you can start from Jaipur. You look for 3 Tier or 2 Tier class for reserving the berth.You will get many options.

deepak

Edited: 22 February 2010, 01:11
New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

Your options are:

1. Find a more suitable Train, as suggested by Deepak Ji.

2. Take a Volvo Bus as suggested by npjai, they are good.

3. Hire a car for the entire trip, which is a costlier option.

If you book a Car+Driver, you may ask your hotel to provide this or get it from a travel agency. An Innova is a roomy & comfortable vehicle, should be available for Rs. 2500 per day. This may be bargained down a bit.

Smaller cars are available for Rs. 1500-2000 per day.

Travel Bureau is a reputable agency, I have used their services personally and I highly recommend them.

I have come to know of another good company Csar Tours, it's run by a NewZealnder woman.

There are many other agencies, you may contact whatever looks good to you and compare the offers.

Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Mumbai (Bombay), New Delhi, Kochi (Cochin), Chennai (Madras), India
Level Contributor
12,473 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

If you are doing a car trip, pick a biggish vehicle like the Innova. Not only for the peace of mind (on our highways, might it right !!), but also for the legroom, and the fact that it has large windows, perfect for "drive by" photography. The Innova is raised high so you can actually peer over the road dividers. In typical hatchback sedans the seats are more "sunken" so you need to come forward a bit to photograph.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,597 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

deluxe bus from Sindhi camp railway statiion and drop you at Bikaner house near india gate.

comfortable and on time. car is other option car taken from The Hotel and from The Agent are safe compare to the Taxi stands

jodhpur
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

Volvo buses takes only 5 hours jaipur delhi.

for the hiring the taxi first is how long you are going to trvel.normally travel agents waste your day in taxi.

Australia
Level Contributor
51 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice.

deepakAgra says there are many trains from Jaipur to Delhi and he is correct but they all seem to run at odd hours (for my purposes) - I couldn't find any on the indian rail website or on cleartrip which got us into Delhi in the early to late afternoon (before 6pm for example).

I think my best bet would be to look around once I get to Jaipur and get either a travel agent (from the website) or my hotel to arrange the hire of an Innova and driver so we can choose our departure time to suit us. It sounds like its a fairly common thing to do so I should be able to handle it without too much hassle.

Thanks again .

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,626 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from Jaipur to Delhi

Yes ! That should be fairly easy.

Get answers to your questions about Jaipur