We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Topic
2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

Hello all,

Im going to Jaipur from Mumbai start of April and would like advice on my trip. I know Jaipur is called the "Pink City" and im going to visit the Amber Fort and would like to do an elephant ride, is this something you can do at the fort and in one day? and what time do you think would be best to visit this? The pink city - can this just be seen all around the city, the monuments etc?

Im going to be there for 2-3 nights, and would like to make the most of it. What other sights are worth seeing? any advice on hotels in Jaipur, central ones? is Jaipur very touristy? and will it be traveller friendly for a first timer here?

Thanksin advance.

Jaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Rajasthan, Jodhpur, Sawai Madhopur, Ranthambore National Park, Jaipur
Level Contributor
3,182 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

Amer Fort with the elephant ride is a half day affair and should be done in the morning. The City Palace, Observatory & the Hawa Mahal make up another half day. Another half day should be spent walking around in the old city (pick up a copy of Dharmendar Kanwar's 10 Walks of Jaipur). One evening you can return to Amer for the excellent Sound & Light show. A trip to Jaigarh & Nahargarh Fort can take up a morning and the temples at Galta are normally bereft of tourists but full of monkeys. The M I Road & C Scheme areas offer lot of upscale shopping.

Whats your budget for hotels?

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

amber fort and elephantride is the samething. Best time is in the morning viewing fort with morning light before take a elephant to go up.

Dinner at Chokhi dhani is another attraction in Jaipur

Jaipur is touristy at the monuments.

Rajasthan is known for best hospitalty you will enjoy in Pinkcity

Enjoy your trip

Hotel suggestion according to your budget can be advised by DEstination experts

London, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

Thanks for that advice. Well my budget is approx £40-50 british sterling.... in total for 2 or 3 nights, so that into Rupees. Do you think this is realistic? for a central hotel close to the attractions....

Edited: 08 March 2010, 16:56
UK
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

Yes you can easily found a place to stay in center in this price, no worries.

jaipur is beautiful city, do visit Amer fort there and also if possible go for dinner in chowki dhani .

Cheers !

jaipur
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

Chokhi Dhani is amazing Entree fee is rs 300 per person includes your meal

Visit Amber Fort

Visit City Palace

Visit Chokhi Dhani

Jaipur, India
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

Hi,

You can do combined tour of Amber and city in a day, on day 02 explore sites near jaipur. Like Abhaneri (Half day excursion) worth visiting site (10 century open step wells) this is called lesser known place of India but a wonderful site. Also you can see village life and have camel safari if you want, on day 03 walking tour of the old city. This will give you a pleasant experience & feel of Jaipur…..!!!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

Hotel Pearl Palace is a really good option for acc. I stayed here for 3 nights when I was in India 2 years ago and found it very reasonable and friendly.

Los Angeles, CA
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

I got across old small palace, which are converted into royal hotels. This is a good way to experience a real royal feel of Rajasthan by staying in your budget. They are also located in central part of city. Some of the one I would advice are:

hotelsjaipur.com/naila_bagh_palace_jaipur.htm and http://www.hotelnarainniwas.com/

You can get a good bargain for INR 1500-2000 i.e. BP 15-20.

Have a good trip.

Udaipur, India
Destination Expert
for Udaipur
Level Contributor
4,533 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

Jaipur

Arya niwas is onther choice in budget accomodation.

if you tow days in Jaipur. Jaipur have enough sites for visit. all depend upon your priorities

Jaipur in India
Level Contributor
476 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2/3 nights in Jaipur - much needed advice!

the hotel choice will be depending on your budget. you may stay in same nice heritage hotel if you are willing to spend from US$ 40 to 50.

In this range you can stay in Mandawa Haveli, Park Inn, Dera Rwatsar, mahal Khandela and many more.

If you approach the hotel people directly then they will give you a discount of 15% to 30% on the published tariff (which is very high). but you can have a better deal if you book through any travel agent.