We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Side trips from Jaipur

Which Jaipur hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Stockholm, Sweden
12 posts
Save Topic
Side trips from Jaipur

Hi everyone. I will be visiting Jaipur this December for a couple of weeks, of which I will have 5-6 days to myself. I plan to spend this time visiting interesting places in eastern Rajasthan. I'm more of a history and architecture kind of person, so I've marked out Ajmer and Amber among the places I would like to visit.

I'd like to know about more places that I can visit in this region. I would prefer to remain based in Jaipur and make day trips to these places. One of the earlier posts in this forum mentioned Bhangarh. How feasible is that?

Thanks in advance!

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Side trips from Jaipur

you mean you Wana go in morning and see ajmer (pushkar) and come beck in evenig ? Better stay atlist one night in pushkar .

jaisalmer
Destination Expert
for Jaisalmer
Level Contributor
1,362 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Side trips from Jaipur

... jaipur maximum 2/3 night is recomended , 5/6 night too much .

You can also visit bundi one night .

Save Reply
3. Re: Side trips from Jaipur

bhangarh is a gr8 place to spent for one day. around 100 kms from jaipur on agra road (n.h.11) in way to alwar. It is famous due to it is haunted as well as the place is also gr8.

Save Reply
4. Re: Side trips from Jaipur

bhangarh is a gr8 place to spent for one day. around 100 kms from jaipur on agra road (n.h.11) in way to alwar. It is famous due to it is haunted as well as the place is also gr8.

New Delhi, India
Destination Expert
for New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
7,616 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Side trips from Jaipur

You may visit Samode for stunning havelis, Sabhar for a large saline lake and may be to Tonk also which again has great havelis and mansions....

Stockholm, Sweden
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Side trips from Jaipur

Is there anything to see in Pushkar? I dont fancy spending much time in bustling temples and lakeside ghats, unless they're architecturally impressive.

7. Re: Side trips from Jaipur

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 April 2011, 05:18